Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Why?

Went with a friend one time and never got invited back. I think me actually keeping the fish sealed my fate. Apparently when that fly rod is in your hand it’s 100% catch and release
Purists. That's what cracks me up. Anybody else doing it differently is wrong. Yeah, don't keep a fish for God's sake. mtmuley

My buddy left his unlocked on his way home from the river. $1200 bucks gone in the blink of an eye. They kind of scream, “I have expensive gear on top of my truck.”
This is my biggest concern with mine. Even when you do remember to lock if, those factory locks are pretty easily picked/broken.

I have one - it’s super convenient (I am lazy and I got it cheap from a guide acquaintance). For a lot of months I’m generally fishing or otherwise near fishing and I keep old but serviceable 4 and 6 weights in there constantly, plus a lanyard and a do-it-all box of flies in the console.

Its really useful in floating season when you’re dealing with at least two folks per truck And a number of rods. And as we often float multiple days on different stretches/rivers, it’s nice to not have to break rods down and put them back together again all weekend, especially at busy access points.

But, I do see some that make my head shake (including a couple folks here in the neighborhood that I know loosely through my wife and thus also know they fish like twice a year). In the end, It saves 5-15 minutes some dozen number of times, so that’s a couple extra hours fishing instead of putting up or storing rods and reels.

Back