Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Why?

A Gatorade bottle comes in handy in the middle of the night.
...just don't toss it and hit the cooler.

I loved taking my fly rod up the creek and fishing for trout in tangled messes with worms and crappie jigs and walking out with a 10 trout limit back to my truck next to the fly guys trying for the big browns.
If they only knew how I fished for those big browns on the lake...LOL

In the Front Range of Colorado you could lose a spot on the river in the amount of time it takes to rig up your rod. To beat the crowds you gotta be all rigged up and ready to go. Best to sleep in your waders too.

Caught a lot of big trout on the San Juan with my $20.88 Eagle Claw fly rod from Walmart. Maybe not as many as the guys with the $1000 Sage or Orvis rigs, but plenty.

We like to fly fish (all catch and release in the quality waters) a couple of days, and then on the go-home morning we will drop below the quality water and toss power bait or spinners. Quick limits, then head home to have trout for dinner.

David
NM

Yesterday, my wife and I went to the Co-op to do a little grocery shopping, and in true Bozeman-style, there was a Subaru in the parking lot with a rod carrier on top. I thought of this thread and chuckled - should have snapped a pic!

I'll admit, I'm just not interested in fishing for fishing's sake, so over the last decades all my fishing has been is in the backcountry while backpacking. I haven't fly fished in quite a few years, but I do have the kit, and next year I plan to take my pack fly rod to add a bit of challenge to it. Highcountry trout are delicious compared to their lowland brethren.

Here's a big Rainbow (for a highcountry trout) I caught over labor day in the Pintler Wilderness. Caught, cleaned, wrapped in foil, released in the coals.

IMG_0013.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back