Yeti GOBOX Collection

Whos ready for Spring

Looks like I am going to Alaska this spring. Going for a black bear trifecta.
AK Kuiu island DIY
Selway,ID tundra tire style:D DIY
Central MT, tundra tire style:D oh and a little horn hunting too. DIY
Never really tried hunting bears before. Will find out fast, how hard this stuff really is. Good luck to all who is after yogie this spring.

Bear hunting is pretty lame. I think I`m going after turkey this year instead.

The hard part is judging a good size bear. You almost need to have them look like a monster to be of any size. They really deflate after the shot.

Randy11 keep that chin up buddy:D

I won't take one unless its an old timer. They are a mess to deal with once they hit the ground. If I get one over 6'-6" it will be full body mounted and will be the last bear I shoot.

I agree with Lawnboy and wingman. They can be hard to judge and the next one I get that's anywhere close to 7' will be full body and probably my last. I love to hunt bears but what do you do with a dozen bear hides and half a dozen rugs?

I'm debating on Idaho or maybe Canada to try for a bigger bear this spring.

I agree with Lawnboy and wingman. They can be hard to judge and the next one I get that's anywhere close to 7' will be full body and probably my last. I love to hunt bears but what do you do with a dozen bear hides and half a dozen rugs?

Ask Greenhorn. Seems the last time I went to drop something off at his place he didn't have carpet anymore, Just hides covering the floor.:D I guess it could make for some good "Theme" nights with the ol lady.

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Primer....

'll be chasing them this year in Idaho. Here is the bear I took last spring

Springbear2010007.jpg

Here is the one I hope one of us kills this spring

Springbear10095.jpg

A better shot in the daylight

Springbear2010-4004.jpg

What's that Scandanavian expression? Uffda!!!!!? That's a brute, Ultrahunter! Good luck finding him.

Spring time in MT.....a close runner up to September! I'll be out looking for "the one" as much as I can!

2009 Bear 1.jpg

If I shoot one bear, a big one, I'd be done shooting bears for that day, and ready to shoot more the next day.

Man you guys are almost making me WANT to visit the In laws in Idaho this spring...Here in Kalifornia, We don't get to play with Yogi until the Late summer..

I did get confirmation from my neighbor that I could hunt thunder chickens on his place...That should be fun with my daughters.

If I shoot one bear, a big one, I'd be done shooting bears for that day, and ready to shoot more the next day.

Priceless!

This thread has me so pumped for sring bear, not to mention that so far the snow wont be too bad.

CDY_0003.JPG
I wish I would of got a better photo of this kid, I think he will be a contender this year.

Last edited:
Planning on spending some time searching for my first bear this spring here in MT. Really looking forward to it. Was thinking about the littles but may head to the NW for some time.

Spending more time on spring bear this year rather than turkey. Looking to upgrade from my little bear shot two years ago with my bow. Face to face at 6 yards was still a heart thumper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back