Whos ready for Spring

mconway951

Just wondering how many guys are gonna be chasing bears this spring now that my fall and winter hunts are over I am excited for spring to be here. I will be hunting the usual turkeys but am gonna go try my first spot and stalk hunt for bears in MT prob last week of May.
So whos goin after bears this year and where you goin.
Feel free to post up Pics so we can all get our yogi Fix
This is my MN Bear from last Fall 7yds on the ground with a bow it was a rush.

Attachments

• 10bear.jpg
    10bear.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 930
I'll be chasing spring bears around the 15th of April-1st of May. I have 2 black bear tags waiting to be notched.

Spring in Idaho for me and hopefully my kid, if I can get her off the softball field.

I have been told it is going to be a late spring with lots of rain again this year due to La Nina....I hope not.

Let me ask some of you bear guys this...If you were looking to do a road-trip in the lower 48 for a Spring bear OTC hunt, where'd you look? As far as state is concerned.

Last edited:
Spring ? Yeah, hunting is on the schedule.....Turkey's at Billy's. But, I"m all in for SUMMER ! The beach, with a little Miss String Bikini at my side, and a stack of empties before she runs me back to a cool shower and a Hotter night !! :)

I'll be chasing them in Idaho this spring and hopefully WA if I get drawn. Used to chase turkeys in the spring now it's all bears all the time!!!

Ike- I've only chased them in MT, but I don't think you can get better spot and stalk spring bear hunting than NW Montana. After that Idaho would get my nod. Although, I think any western state that allows spring bear hunting can be good.

Ike- I've only chased them in MT, but I don't think you can get better spot and stalk spring bear hunting than NW Montana. After that Idaho would get my nod. Although, I think any western state that allows spring bear hunting can be good.

Thanks Gerald...MT have a OTC tag?

I am very excited to get in the hills and find a nice black bear here in Idaho. I harvested my first bear two springs ago and it was also my first bow kill. Ready to do it all again plus the bruin was fairly tasty and allowed my family to continue to eat meat through summer.

Attachments

• bearresize.jpg
    bearresize.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 745
I would have to pick ID for bears. I love the smell of fryer grease,donuts and dogfood.Its my thing and alot of work and fun.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 821
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 790
I'm working on my contacts for day old bread n stuff...hope I can get stuff together enough for bear this year here in ID. I've even got a canoe moosie can use if he has to cross a river.

I agree with Hunt, I think Idaho has a great population of bears. I will be spending weekends spot-n-stalk and the last ten days of season I will be at the baits.

82 days and a wake up till bear season

These are from 2010.

IMG_0241sm.jpg
IMG_1782sm.jpg
IMG_2395sm.jpg
lumpy.JPG

I hunted Idaho, (Selway area) for 10 years, I only killed 1 bear during that time. All together friends killed 3 others. I was after a Monster, never got him. It was a ton of work. I really loved it. When they went to a 2 bear area, the quality of the hunt went down hill, and the outfitters started jumping my bait locations. We only bow hunted the baits.

I am ready..my brother and I have gotten in more than 30 days of spring bear hunting the last three years in a row...I love spot and stalking spring bears.
Here is one of mine from a few years ago...He got shot because he was a blonde...
Brandensprinbear019.jpg

Here is one more...22 year old sow...ear tagged...cool.
05goat015-1.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back