Yeti GOBOX Collection

Who had a misfire this year?

Someone gave me cheapo 9mm before it was gold. Half the box were duds. One misfire years ago on a whitetail doe and some dude percussion caps at the range. Mostly mental misfires this year.

I've had a couple with rimfires over the years. Most notably a 10year old box of 17HMR that somehow got wet or went bad. Ended up with a couple of split cases that eventually culminated into a squib with a bullet lodged in the barrel. Also had a few at the range several years ago with a rifle that had been built on a old mauser action, bad firing pin.

I did have a situation earlier this season where I was hunting in some freezing rain and my safety ended up freezing up. Luckily I wasn't shooting at an animal at the time, I realized it when I was trying to unload at the truck.

I was shooting my 30-06 at the range and i happened to find three unfired 30-06 factory rounds under the bench. Like a dummy, i tried them in my rifle. They didn't go off. Remington factory, indented primers. Probably why they were laying there. Crazy to even try to shoot some found rounds, just not a good idea.

Remington corelockts in 3006. Primer strike without ignition. Kimber 8400.
The deer was killed with the next shot.

Federal Turkey loads. Primer strike no ignition. Mossberg 500 12ga.
Coyote came in to our calling. Second round worked.

I've never had a misfire per say but I did once have the firing pin freeze after a few days of hunting in the rain and then snow.
Got set up to take a shot at a buck, pulled the trigger and nothing, no click nothing. Worked the bolt and dry fired a few times and was still able to shoot said buck. (y)

I had one while bench shooting and doing load development on 300 win mag. CCI 250 primers. Hoping I don’t have anymore while actually hunting. First time in my life I had a round not go off.

Not a misfire..a mechanical failure with the trigger and safety. It’s unnerving when they don’t go boom. Another instance was a delayed firing pin strike. That one will drive you nuts. A new firing pin assembly with a better spring solved. Both times were the same Rem 700.

Anyone? I'm I the only half wit? Still not sure how/why it happened and in the heat of the moment I left the entire cartridge there.

7mm Mag(The most powerful rifle cartridge known to man).

Mid life old brass, rifle was in some very crappy conditions up to 2 weeks prior. I'm for sure not a reloading expert by any means.

Next shot went bang.
Please help,
I purchased a new win mod 70 in 7mm08 earlier this year, had 6 light primer strikes on 3 diff types of factory ammo after 34 shots. sent back to Winchester for a smith to look over, they sent it back. I took it out again and no difference, still misfired. I called and they sent me a new gun. Took it out today and had 12 misfires of 31 shots. What could possibly fix this?

Please help,
I purchased a new win mod 70 in 7mm08 earlier this year, had 6 light primer strikes on 3 diff types of factory ammo after 34 shots. sent back to Winchester for a smith to look over, they sent it back. I took it out again and no difference, still misfired. I called and they sent me a new gun. Took it out today and had 12 misfires of 31 shots. What could possibly fix this?

Remington 700! :)

Back