Where is everyone hoping to go deer hunting?

mtmiller

Lots of gun-ho elk hunters here. How about deer hunters?

I will be sending in for SD (pretty sure draw for my area), somewhere in WY (still have to decide on a area), and pick-up a pref. point in Utah. I would like to start collecting pref points for other states, so I will be able to hunt them one day when the bank account is more black than red. Most of the other states I have seen you have to pay for a general deer tag to get the preference point when not drawing limited area tags.

Anyway, good luck to everyone trying for those non-resident tags.

Well here in the great state of Tennessee....of course
biggrin.gif
because I can kill 28 of them
elkgrin.gif

Would still like to go to Iowa.....no matter what schmalts says
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Hoping I can draw in my home state first (AZ). Then there is Nevada and Mexico. There is a slim chance I may try for CO and WY.

RIght now my plans are for Mulies in UT and Whitetail in IN. I'd love to go for whitetails is here in the West in a plains type area, but the pocketbook doesn't allow for this year.

I'm putting in for WY untit H. If I don't draw, I will be hunting unit 43 in Idaho. Matter of fact, if the wife gives the OK, I will be hunting both.

If I don't fill my tag in 43, I will be chasing rutting muleys in unit 53 in Nov/Dec with my bow.

bulldown

Actually Moosie I am taking for granted that I have some private land to hunt. I still need to brown nose my buddies to make sure I am still welcome. This last season we lost one of the better spots, but I am hoping they can find some new stuff for next year.

I will keep you updated on the progress and see if there is room for your "friend".
wink.gif

Hunting the Backyard for big Whitetail bucks!!! And a Sitka Deer hunt here in the big Marsh lands in Oct! Possibly SD or WA for mulies!! I have a cousin that lives in SD. I havn't talked to him in awhile but, I know he hunts out there! So he'll most likely hook me up! My brother-in-law's dad is living in Wa. He is building a cabin there and I was invited to go out and hunt! Don't know how good the erea is or even where it's at yet, but,it's strong possibility I'll go! And if I can swing it, an elk hunt in Co!! Unless I get drawn for AZ again!!
elkgrin.gif
elkgrin.gif
biggrin.gif

( wishful thinking) Oh and Maybe whitetail in New York! (white ones!!)

ElkhntrinMD

I'm thinking about hunting where the deer are.

- rgl

(Minnesota. Montana if drawn. Maybe Iowa - haven't decided whether or not to apply.]

I'm guessing it would be only a 1% he could go this year anyways.... Something about too many hunts already
tongue.gif
But let me know
smile.gif

Back