Where did we go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you didn’t get to live through the absolute joy of growing up in a culture that told you from a very young age that your value as a woman and really, as a human depends on how close your appearance is to the cultural ideal, it figures you clearly missed the message.

The commercial has nothing to do with gender, sexuality, being woke, or any type of political statement. It’s a young girl figuring out that there’s no reason to be insecure about looking different. If you know any women at all, that message likely resonates strongly with them. God forbid you have a daughter that thinks her knees are too bony, her hair is too curly, her freckles are too dense, her breasts are too small, her arms are too fat, her arm hair is too dark,…..it’s never ending, and sad, and why girls start struggling with self esteem around 10 years old.

The desperate search for outrage today sure gets old.

People just don't get it, it's like when I was identified as a man, no girls would pay attention to me. It's like they were all only interested in the same men. The cultural norms of what a man is. From a very young age, the value of you as a man, your worth as a man. The 3 6's as they say. it really is sad, 2/3 of suicides are men.

This is great! I found this site while I was searching for animal Vocalizations so I could learn to communicate with them. I came across a person on youtube by the name of Corey Jacobson who seemed to know how to "call" elk. That's how I came to find this site, it's so interesting. Anyway, its Great that the hunting community can acknowledge those that don't quite fit in. I often feel that way because many of my friends don't hunt or like guns, I don't really have a problem with those things and think it's cool to be part of the circle of life. I hope I can share a campfire some day with some of you who get close to the animals. What's it like to be close to them? I'm most interested in elk, do any members get really close to elk? Whos around elk the most?
I'm getting Timothy Treadwell vibes

There is a side event taking place in this thread and its "interesting"... to say the least. 😲

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back