Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Where did we go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you didn’t get to live through the absolute joy of growing up in a culture that told you from a very young age that your value as a woman and really, as a human depends on how close your appearance is to the cultural ideal, it figures you clearly missed the message.

The commercial has nothing to do with gender, sexuality, being woke, or any type of political statement. It’s a young girl figuring out that there’s no reason to be insecure about looking different. If you know any women at all, that message likely resonates strongly with them. God forbid you have a daughter that thinks her knees are too bony, her hair is too curly, her freckles are too dense, her breasts are too small, her arms are too fat, her arm hair is too dark,…..it’s never ending, and sad, and why girls start struggling with self esteem around 10 years old.

The desperate search for outrage today sure gets old.
As a woman, thank you.

*edit: i always had too many freckles, scars. I was too pale..have those boney ass elbows. Was too skinny and then, not skinny enough.

Last edited:
Watching the UFC fight card this evening and this commercial is none stop...

Where the F$%K did we go wrong where were having commercials like this lol 🧔‍♀️

Chicks with mustaches, 400lb obese "super models", male singers in dresses.

Why does my phone have pregnant men emojis?

Bring on the meteor strike. ☄️☄️☄️💥
I watch UFC and I also use tweezers and razors. What would your wife think of this post?

Certainly do not advocate bullying. Perhaps “bullying” was the wrong term. “Peer pressure” being more what I mean. Those social cues that keep things running in a smooth civilized manner. If that makes sense. Right? Like helping an old lady across the street. Holding the door for a woman. Just kind of those unwritten rules. I don’t know, I’m sure someone has a better explanation of what I’m trying to get at.

The “do you” attitude is great big advocate, but when it starts to impact others or prevent them from being THEMSELVES, that’s about where I draw the line.
Are you kidding me? “Peer pressuring” people to behave like you think they should, for the good of “society?” Letting “you do you” violates the other ‘yous’? Maybe it’s just an attempt to say “hey, don’t be an a-hole.” I don’t see that as an infringement, I see it as getting called out when I’m an a-hole.

What drives me bonkers about all this talk and obsession and news concerning the “culture wars” is that it is keeping us all distracted from the crap that really, actually does matter. Ya know, climate change, water in the west, habitat degradation, global economy, disappearing middle class, all the ‘chit’ associated with our government (arguably since the 80s), the list goes on. But sure, let’s keep freaking out because he or she doesn’t want to conform to the mold society has placed on them, and then argue with strangers over the internet (yes, guilty here) while the world continues to burn.

It’s funny (not really) how equality seems to be taken as oppression for some people.

And yes, thank you @Hunting Wife , you are spot on.

*edit to add: I am not trying to belittle or play down what some people are experiencing (no doubt it’s a serious issue for them), I just think that a lot of us, outside of offering kindness and support, should be caring a lot more about other things that actually affect us.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? “Peer pressuring” people to behave like you think they should, for the good of “society?” Letting “you do you” violates the other ‘yous’? Maybe it’s just an attempt to say “hey, don’t be an a-hole.” I don’t see that as an infringement, I see it as getting called out when I’m an a-hole.

What drives me bonkers about all this talk and obsession and news concerning the “culture wars” is that it is keeping us all distracted from the crap that really, actually does matter. Ya know, climate change, water in the west, habitat degradation, global economy, disappearing middle class, all the ‘chit’ associated with our government (arguably since the 80s), the list goes on. But sure, let’s keep freaking out because he or she doesn’t want to conform to the mold society has placed on them, and then argue with strangers over the internet (yes, guilty here) while the world continues to burn.

It’s funny (not really) how equality seems to be taken as oppression for some people.

And yes, thank you @HuntingWife, you are spot on.

I watch UFC and I also use tweezers and razors. What would your wife think of this post?
Ugh, she thought the commercial was dumb as #*^@#* and didn't understand why Amazon is trying to advertise some teenage chick idolizing Eddie Murphy and grow a mustache lol

What's your point? You think my wife is gonna get mad at me joking about a commercial with some girl growing out a stache? :ROFLMAO:

A LOT of people took this thread way to damn serious lol. Especially thinking some people are triggered, were not lol

The whole point of the post was the constant harping from big companies trying to blend genders together and trying to normalize this stuff. Its goofy as shit....

It has nothing to do with making fun of a woman with natural upper lip hair or other insecurities that woman face

This is like a teenage boy who is fat and seeing a glowing picture of Pamela Anderson and then going to school wearing a bra, embracing his titties.....its goofy but now people call it brave. Again, not that serious, but you cant tell me 99.99% of the girls would just shave it and move one and the guy should put down the doughnuts and Big Gulp Dr. Pepper.

Some of yall need to relax and not get so offended about a guy thinking a chick growing a damn mustache is goofy as hell....🧔‍♀️

Ugh, she thought the commercial was dumb as #*^@#* and didn't understand why Amazon is trying to advertise some teenage chick idolizing Eddie Murphy and grow a mustache lol

What's your point? You think my wife is gonna get mad at me joking about a commercial with some girl growing out a stache? :ROFLMAO:

A LOT of people took this thread way to damn serious lol. Especially thinking some people are triggered, were not lol

The whole point of the post was the constant harping from big companies trying to blend genders together and trying to normalize this stuff. Its goofy as shit....

It has nothing to do with making fun of a woman with natural upper lip hair or other insecurities that woman face

This is like a teenage boy who is fat and seeing a glowing picture of Pamela Anderson and then going to school wearing a bra, embracing his titties.....its goofy but now people call it brave. Again, not that serious, but you cant tell me 99.99% of the girls would just shave it and move one and the guy should put down the doughnuts and Big Gulp Dr. Pepper.

Some of yall need to relax and not get so offended about a guy thinking a chick growing a damn mustache is goofy as hell....🧔‍♀️
Your wife probably thinks you're an asshole.

Last edited:
The irony is that you are overly triggered by an ad and then are as triggered by the response. #snowflake
I love when peoples only response is telling people who aren't triggered that they are triggered lol. People are allowed to discuss things without being triggered. Again, its not that big of a deal. Your obviously mad. Either you bought the same ugly jacket or had a mustache as a kid....either way best of luck (y)

I love when peoples only response is telling people who aren't triggered that they are triggered lol. People are allowed to discuss things without being triggered. Again, its not that big of a deal. Your obviously mad. Either you bought the same ugly jacket or had a mustache as a kid....either way best of luck (y)
You sound hella smart. Best of luck to you, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back