Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Where did we go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is there to disagree about with female humans having hair on their upper lips?

Nothing until the faux outraged, knuckle dragging, politically charged, science deniers make it an issue.

A girl with a bit darker facial hair on her upper lip in a commercial decides to embrace who she is and buy some clothes.

The conservative valued go ape-shit.

I guess she should just fit in, rip that hair off with wax, and call herself a republican.

There, now we can be friends again.
I can definitely confirm that female humans do in fact have hair on their upper lip and I would not recommend waxing…

Watching the UFC fight card this evening and this commercial is none stop...

Where the F$%K did we go wrong where were having commercials like this lol 🧔‍♀️

Chicks with mustaches, 400lb obese "super models", male singers in dresses.

Why does my phone have pregnant men emojis?

Bring on the meteor strike. ☄️☄️☄️💥
If you people had voted for Liz Cheney then we would have one less congress person marginalizing minority Americans. More push to limit freedoms results in more freak flags.

You pay for that Hulu? Ask a kid about jailbroken firesticks and you may find reason to appreciate youth today.

The only Amazon commercial that triggered me lately is the one with the dog destroying the house. The family buys a kennel, presumably for problem dog…Nope, it’s for the new puppy they get, cause you know, you don’t have time to keep the dog you have out of trouble, why not throw a puppy you also don’t have time for in the mix…
I love that commercial. Mostly because I can personally relate to that misguided notion that a second dog will somehow mitigate the problem rather than doubling it.

I love that commercial. Mostly because I can personally relate to that misguided notion that a second dog will somehow mitigate the problem rather than doubling it.
Before we started volunteering for the local animal rescue I wouldn’t have given it a second thought. And I understand some dogs really do a lot better with another dog for company. We’ve just seen way too much crap of people surrendering old dogs with health or behavior problems that no one wants to adopt because, wouldn’t you know it, they got a new puppy!

Fireside is a nice concept, I prefer not to share campfires with people who bring up social and political drama for no reason
Imagine being at the ht Laramie meetup and everyone’s sitting around the fire at the end of the day and I nonchalantly open a beer and go
“Can you guys believe that god damned Biden?”

Imagine being at the ht Laramie meetup and everyone’s sitting around the fire at the end of the day and I nonchalantly open a beer and go
There’s a HT Laramie meet up? Id be interested in meeting some local HTers if this is upcoming.

I mean, what could go wrong?

Watching the UFC fight card this evening and this commercial is none stop...

Where the F$%K did we go wrong where were having commercials like this lol 🧔‍♀️

Chicks with mustaches, 400lb obese "super models", male singers in dresses.

Why does my phone have pregnant men emojis?

Bring on the meteor strike. ☄️☄️☄️💥
Since you didn’t get to live through the absolute joy of growing up in a culture that told you from a very young age that your value as a woman and really, as a human depends on how close your appearance is to the cultural ideal, it figures you clearly missed the message.

The commercial has nothing to do with gender, sexuality, being woke, or any type of political statement. It’s a young girl figuring out that there’s no reason to be insecure about looking different. If you know any women at all, that message likely resonates strongly with them. God forbid you have a daughter that thinks her knees are too bony, her hair is too curly, her freckles are too dense, her breasts are too small, her arms are too fat, her arm hair is too dark,…..it’s never ending, and sad, and why girls start struggling with self esteem around 10 years old.

The desperate search for outrage today sure gets old.

Fireside is a nice concept, I prefer not to share campfires with people who bring up social and political drama for no reason.
This is great! I found this site while I was searching for animal Vocalizations so I could learn to communicate with them. I came across a person on youtube by the name of Corey Jacobson who seemed to know how to "call" elk. That's how I came to find this site, it's so interesting. Anyway, its Great that the hunting community can acknowledge those that don't quite fit in. I often feel that way because many of my friends don't hunt or like guns, I don't really have a problem with those things and think it's cool to be part of the circle of life. I hope I can share a campfire some day with some of you who get close to the animals. What's it like to be close to them? I'm most interested in elk, do any members get really close to elk? Whos around elk the most?

Since you didn’t get to live through the absolute joy of growing up in a culture that told you from a very young age that your value as a woman and really, as a human depends on how close your appearance is to the cultural ideal, it figures you clearly missed the message.

The commercial has nothing to do with gender, sexuality, being woke, or any type of political statement. It’s a young girl figuring out that there’s no reason to be insecure about looking different. If you know any women at all, that message likely resonates strongly with them. God forbid you have a daughter that thinks her knees are too bony, her hair is too curly, her freckles are too dense, her breasts are too small, her arms are too fat, her arm hair is too dark,…..it’s never ending, and sad, and why girls start struggling with self esteem around 10 years old.

The desperate search for outrage today sure gets old.

As I watch that ad, I am left saddened by the message that only market based consumerism can fulfill the longing for acceptance and identity.

Rather than family, friends, and a supportive community giving a sense of identity and belonging regardless of how closely a child relates to the normative ideal it takes the products that this company peddles to find and express one’s identity and thereby find belonging.

The same marketing strategies that convince girls that their sexuality and beauty isn’t complete without them conforming to an artificial standard only achieved by using a specific product are just being tweaked in a different way.

The insidious nature of marketing that convinces people they are unattractive and deficient without product to allow them to express themselves is not inherently conservative or liberal in its origin or expression.

Many of these conversations focus on the fringes of a more meaningful and necessary conversation that affects everyone. Who am I? What defines me? How do I relate with the world?

Confusion, depression, despair and all the self-harm that can accompany those emotions is not limited to individuals experiencing gender dysphoria. Those emotions are rampant throughout our society and in my opinion are the direct consequence of lack of social connection in families and community.

Conversation about identity, normative ideals, purpose and the parameters of what constitutes acceptable behavior and identity are necessary. Children especially, want to know what is appropriate and where they fit in with their world.

The greatest tragedy of all is when fear of conflict silences those conversations and forces children to answer questions about identity from the advertisements of the very companies that are intentionally manipulating them to feel insecure without their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back