Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Where did we go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just don’t build beautiful hunting forums like they used to anymore...
You’re the one who’s always bragging about not creating any content, go create some content.
I did mention in one post that I don’t need internet validation for my unremarkable hunts, so I guess I am “always bragging.”

Point is, I feel that there used to be way less nonsense on this forum.

I feel sorry for people struggling with gender dysphoria. My SIL is a juvenile psychiatrist and the pain those people go through, young and old alike, is real.

When another human is willing to slit their own neck from ear to ear to get away from the hurt they feel inside, they deserve our sympathy. I won't pretend to wax poetic on cultural implications, just that I feel the Christian response is love.

The problem is that those absolutes are arbitrary and for anyone that doesn't fit into those arbitrary absolutes, that society is a miserable place to live. I think the fear isn't of a society without absolutes but rather a society where you don't personally fit in with the accepted absolutes.
👎🏼 Couldn’t disagree with you more but wrong forum, wrong time. This subject deserves more respectful dialogue face to face for both sides. Maybe some other time and place. I signed up for Hunting Talk and get myself into these off shoot Forums. I appreciate the dialogue but I am headed to more hunting talk….some where.

I'm not too inclined to show humility toward people who don't deserve it.

However, in fairness, I was pretty humbled by the post @FairWeather made.

A post which pretty much slammed the door on the BS being spewed by the intolerant mental midgets who are afraid of a girl with a 'stache. Also, the same tough guys who must not own a TV with a remote.
Humility isn’t about others, it is about yourself. It isn’t necessarily something that is earned. I also thought @FairWeather’s post was well-placed, along with many others. Intolerant huh? Seems to me you are quite intolerant of views that don’t fall directly within the progressive tropes of Democrats. You continually seek to insult, disparage, and/or discredit anyone who takes a viewpoint remotely conservative or Republican in nature. Why correct the spelling or grammar of others on an internet hunting forum? Oh wait I know, to make them appear less intelligent and make yourself appear more intelligent without addressing the actual topic. FACT.

This👇🏼.
Any philosophy that makes its determinations of right and wrong based on the opinion of the majority is a philosophy of relativism. Relativism, the philosophical view that there are no absolutes, is the dry rot of modern civilization. Its damage is not obvious at first, but when ignored, it soon weakens an entire structure. A society without some absolutes is a miserable place to live.
So, time to end this nation’s 200 yr test of democracy and go to a theocratic dictatorship? And would that be a Catholic pope? A Jewish head rabbi? An Islamic caliphate? A Lutheran oligarchy? A Baptist emperor? How exactly do we go forward if majoritarian governance is such a burden on you?

Fireside, a place for discussions. I see a lot of hunting content in the hunting contents.

I must be confused.
I also get the ad. I have 4 sisters. Self confidence. Self resolved.

Maybe it was over your head?
What do I know.
Just a thought.

Humility isn’t about others, it is about yourself. It isn’t necessarily something that is earned. I also thought @FairWeather’s post was well-placed, along with many others. Intolerant huh? Seems to me you are quite intolerant of views that don’t fall directly within the progressive tropes of Democrats. You continually seek to insult, disparage, and/or discredit anyone who takes a viewpoint remotely conservative or Republican in nature. Why correct the spelling or grammar of others on an internet hunting forum? Oh wait I know, to make them appear less intelligent and make yourself appear more intelligent without addressing the actual topic. FACT.
Wrong, I'm intolerant of intolerance and its on display in this very thread.

Why do you CHOOSE to make everything about politics? Seems you're rather insecure about that.

WTF does a commercial, about a very common part of the human body, like hair on the upper lip of a woman, have to do with a Conservative or Republican value?

Here, let me answer that...NOTHING. There wasn't a damn thing about that commercial that was political until the intolerant twisted themselves off, to make it such.

Just admit it, you're intolerant of others...own your hypocrisy.

But the toughguy snowflake feelers are hurt (or maybe some latent feelings are stirred).
Or maybe just denial of science and the female human body.

The tough guys would crumble into trembling mush piles if they browsed the women in their lives cosmetic/beauty magazines for Christ sake.

Well, that's an assumption on my part that they actually have women in their lives. Which the seeming uproar over just discovering via commercial that female humans have hair on their upper lip, leaves me suspect they do.

Last edited:
The only Amazon commercial that triggered me lately is the one with the dog destroying the house. The family buys a kennel, presumably for problem dog…Nope, it’s for the new puppy they get, cause you know, you don’t have time to keep the dog you have out of trouble, why not throw a puppy you also don’t have time for in the mix…

Why do you CHOOSE to make everything about politics? Seems you're rather insecure about that.

WTF does a commercial, about a very common part of the human body, like hair on the upper lip of a woman, have to do with a Conservative or Republican value?

Here, let me answer that...NOTHING.
Well you are right about one thing, it has nothing to do with the commercial. So apologies for pulling this thread off track. I also thought the OP was a bit ridiculous, but your insults probably isn’t the best way to make that point. It has more to do with how and who you choose to insult and disparage on this forum. No insecurities here, maybe your need to incessantly insult others and shamelessly self promote yourself on this forum is a sign of your own insecurity.

Well you are right about one thing, it has nothing to do with the commercial. So apologies for pulling this thread off track. I also thought the OP was a bit ridiculous, but your insults probably isn’t the best way to make that point. It has more to do with how and who you choose to insult and disparage on this forum. No insecurities here, maybe your need to incessantly insult others and shamelessly self promote yourself on this forum is a sign of your own insecurity.
But, it's your decision to NOT point out the insults being leveled by the intolerant on display in this thread?

I see, so insulting others is fine as long as you agree with their political views on intolerance of others, science, and the human body.

Got it.

Here, let me answer that...NOTHING. There wasn't a damn thing about that commercial that was political until the intolerant twisted themselves off, to make it such.

Just admit it, you're intolerant of others...own your hypocrisy.
So I am intolerant now? That’s quite a stretch. I guess I am intolerant of individuals who are incapable of discussing a topic with others who disagree with them without hurling insults. I suppose maybe you are intolerant of misspellings and grammar errors as you feel the need to correct others in order to prominently display your own intellect.

But, it's your decision to NOT point out the insults being leveled by the intolerant on display in this thread?

I see, so insulting others is fine as long as you agree with their political views on intolerance of others, science, and the human body.

Got it.
Nope, it’s just that you are usually the only one flinging direct personal insults. Lots of folks calling out intolerance on this forum without resorting to personal insults and spelling corrections. Wait, I thought this wasn’t political? I am good with that.

So I am intolerant now? That’s quite a stretch. I guess I am intolerant of individuals who are incapable of discussing a topic with others who disagree with them without hurling insults. I suppose maybe you are intolerant of misspellings and grammar errors as you feel the need to correct others in order to prominently display your own intellect.

WTF is there to disagree about with female humans having hair on their upper lips?

Nothing until the faux outraged, knuckle dragging, politically charged, science deniers make it an issue.

A girl with a bit darker facial hair on her upper lip in a commercial decides to embrace who she is and buy some clothes.

The conservative valued go ape-shit.

I guess she should just fit in, rip that hair off with wax, and call herself a republican.

There, now we can be friends again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back