When you realize you're not cool anymore . . .

My four year old nonchalantly passed me the other day slapped my belly and says, gotta baby in there. Wtf
Just a four year-old? Maybe you need to pay closer attention to what the kid is viewing on the internet. šŸ˜

The dog was doing his evening business with his pillow; my youngest points to him and tells the oldest, ā€œAvery look! Heā€™s twerking again!ā€ And then my 5 year old proceeds to imitate ā€œThe Twerkā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Initially I didnā€™t know if I shoulda been more mad at the dog or the kids, or just laugh it off šŸ˜…

I ended up telling the dog like I tell the kids, TAKE THAT CHIT TO YOUR OWN ROOM šŸ˜‚šŸ™„

During the pandemic my then eight year-old grandson did his on-line schooling every day at my place so his toddler sister wasn't disrupting things. He sat with the laptop at my dining room table. Usually I was out of the picture, but once in a while I appeared in the kitchen background to make a cup of coffee or start lunch. One morning the kids were given a break and socializing when I walked over to the sink. A little girl interrupts: "Parker! Your papa is really OLD!" I could here the teacher giggling. I ran over and jammed my face in the computer screen. "So ya think that's funny? Mrs S, your 'really old' day is coming soon enough!" That had the kids laughing.

Later in the year Parker decided to take his classmates on a virtual tour of the trophy room. That made me quite the celebrity. Everyone wanted to hear stories about African animals. Now I'm not only really old, I'm really cool.
I had his SSP go home to ask her husband (who is a hunter) what a ā€œswamp donkeyā€ was šŸ˜„. I guess I had scheduled to pick my son up a bit early as we had a client coming by with a moose that day. He had told her ā€œMy momā€™s coming to get me early because she has to work on a swamp donkey.ā€ I remember her laughing and telling me the story the following day. She felt really silly asking him what kind of animal a swamp donkey was. šŸ˜„

I started to lose hope when I started to meet young guns in my unit that were born after I graduated highschool. I'll lose hope for good when I reach that elderly pinnacle of meeting enlistees that were born after I joined the service, that day is coming in hot...

Last weekend my son was riding his dirt bike. I got on Craigslist and was looking for one for me when my wife asked what I was doing. I said something to the effect of how much I rode as a kid and how my brother and I built some pretty sweet jumps. She rolled her eyes and said ā€œthat was over a decade ago, your back hurts from sleeping wrong now, imagine your dumb*** piling up a dirt bike trying to show off and be coolā€.

My wife is the voice of reason in my household.

About five years ago I went into a local baseball style hat retailer that does a huge business online. While checking out the merchandise I asked him about the amount of ā€œflat brimmedā€ versus the style I was wearing. The guy was polite and I knew his business (huge amount of customers). He politely saidā€¦about 80% are flat.

Unfortunately a true story. Times they are a changing.

Last weekend my son was riding his dirt bike. I got on Craigslist and was looking for one for me when my wife asked what I was doing. I said something to the effect of how much I rode as a kid and how my brother and I built some pretty sweet jumps. She rolled her eyes and said ā€œthat was over a decade ago, your back hurts from sleeping wrong now, imagine your dumb*** piling up a dirt bike trying to show off and be coolā€.

My wife is the voice of reason in my household.
Sounds like the crap my wife gives me when I try to tell her how awesome I used to be šŸ˜‚

About five years ago I went into a local baseball style hat retailer that does a huge business online. While checking out the merchandise I asked him about the amount of ā€œflat brimmedā€ versus the style I was wearing. The guy was polite and I knew his business (huge amount of customers). He politely saidā€¦about 80% are flat.

Unfortunately a true story. Times they are a changing.

Itā€™s interesting- whatā€™s old is new again, but a new-school flatty is just not the same as it used to be for some reason.

Attachments

• B278399F-3CCF-434D-B0E9-0503A2E69510.jpeg
    B278399F-3CCF-434D-B0E9-0503A2E69510.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 10
When IM looking at cell cam picks with out my readers of a small property I have exclusive rights to be on and say WTF who the hell is that old man and what's he doing on the property put on readers and say oh Sh&% thats me
Tam got me a shirt for 60th it says vintage 1963 all original parts ,and some still work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back