Yeti GOBOX Collection

When you realize you're not cool anymore . . .

So, the other day I'm rockin' the Hey Dudes, cargo pants, and back vented Guy Harvey fishin' shirt, and my 9 year old sweet sweet grand daughter says, "Papaw, you really should wear socks with those."

Not that I was ever cool, but she pretty much crushed any potential.

Let's hear em...
Too many to list....

Ok, I will tell one. More of a funny things kids say story but it ended up a total burn on me, and the kid was not even trying to be funny but was actually serious. Me and my buddy took his 8 year old kid out on the hiking trail one day. This kid has a head of hair so thick it looks like a otter pelt and he's always rubbing his head like it itches. So I say to the kid "David you should skin that scalp of your head and sell that thing to a fur buyer" He looks at me a little confused and says "is that what you did?" Me and his dad almost pissed ourselves we were laughing so hard.

Last weekend my son was riding his dirt bike. I got on Craigslist and was looking for one for me when my wife asked what I was doing. I said something to the effect of how much I rode as a kid and how my brother and I built some pretty sweet jumps. She rolled her eyes and said “that was over a decade ago, your back hurts from sleeping wrong now, imagine your dumb*** piling up a dirt bike trying to show off and be cool”.

My wife is the voice of reason in my household.

…..and there’s the fact that you said “pretty sweet” which may have tipped your hand a touch…

Last weekend my son was riding his dirt bike. I got on Craigslist and was looking for one for me when my wife asked what I was doing. I said something to the effect of how much I rode as a kid and how my brother and I built some pretty sweet jumps. She rolled her eyes and said “that was over a decade ago, your back hurts from sleeping wrong now, imagine your dumb*** piling up a dirt bike trying to show off and be cool”.

My wife is the voice of reason in my household.
1676375030899.gif

Myself and a few buddies went to Florida a few weeks ago to do some golfing and break up the drag of winter.
We were sitting at one of the waterfront bars in the evening when the girl working said something along the lines of “are you guys just going to sit there all evening like old men?” I honestly didn’t hear what she said because I was watching the band setup behind us. I turned around and responded to my buddies by saying “ we better move to a new spot or the band is going to blow our ears out”.

Needless to say I took a good beating all weekend for that. I think the bartender asked me if I wanted prune juice from that point on since I somehow turned into an 80 year old.

Another blow to my pride was a friend about 7 years younger than me showed a picture of me with my bull this year. His friend says “how old is that guy?” “33” my buddy said. His friend replied “man he looks a lot older than that”

My “friend”couldn’t wait to tell me. 10 years of marriage and 2 kids have aged me terribly. 🤣

My buddy Dan and his family went to Colorado several years back and his mom was showing me a photo and I joking asked who the fat guy was (that I truly didn't recognize in the photo).

I hadn't seen Dan in a few years.

"Thats my Danny!"

"Oh..."

Back