Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

When you realize you're not cool anymore . . .

noharleyyet

So, the other day I'm rockin' the Hey Dudes, cargo pants, and back vented Guy Harvey fishin' shirt, and my 9 year old sweet sweet grand daughter says, "Papaw, you really should wear socks with those."

Not that I was ever cool, but she pretty much crushed any potential.

Let's hear em...

According to my 11-year-old stepdaughter (who still doesn't know how to use the "sharp side of the knife"), I looked like a "turn of the century logger" last weekend. As I stood there wearing my flannel, eating a samich with dirty hands, while blood was running down my face from a "minor incursion" at the sawmill.

I like to think that when I was a kid, while I was little in size, that I was inherently tougher than 99% of the kids in todays coddled world. Kids nowadays are so freaking weak. The older I get the more I feel that kids today, are growing up so wrong and weak.

For the love of God, I hope she doesn't marry a guy who wears skinny jeans....

According to my 11-year-old stepdaughter (who still doesn't know how to use the "sharp side of the knife"), I looked like a "turn of the century logger" last weekend. As I stood there wearing my flannel, eating a samich with dirty hands, while blood was running down my face from a "minor incursion" at the sawmill.

I like to think that when I was a kid, while I was little in size, that I was inherently tougher than 99% of the kids in todays coddled world. Kids nowadays are so freaking weak. The older I get the more I feel that kids today, are growing up so wrong and weak.

You wouldn't believe how stretchy skinny jeans can be. Also way harder to rip the ass out of them.

Sorry to tell you Mallards, but when you find yourself using the terms "The kids today are" and "Kids nowadays are" you're way beyond ever being cool again. :cry:

Growing up in the 90s, jeans that were way to dang big were considered cool. Now Joggers are considered cool.

I wear joggers at home and sometimes the golf course so I dont get made fun of too much. If I wore them at work id get shot.

I was born in the wrong damn generation.

I always tell her "I'm cool" then I dance around the house doing the robot dance moves, the Micael Jackson moon walk, and walking like an "Egyptian".

"Who is Michael Jackson?!"
" You know the guy who died from choking on a 10-year-old weinie!"
"Who?!"

At this point I think she's messing with me..........gotta be.

Speaking of the devil, she's walking down the driveway in her "PJ's". Apparently, they let kids wear them to school now on the second Monday of the month....

Lord have mercy, if you wore "PJ's" to school when I was a kid, they would have stuffed you in a locker. And I'm not kidding.

I've been informed that my witty puns are "Dad Jokes" and my all terrain all weather footwear civilians call Crocs are not fashionable... but I have a cute daughter, and killed the biggest elk any of the boys in her grade have seen so they still come sit next to me at the basketball games. Came 30 years later than I wanted but I'll take it.

Lotta jean talk here. Last night, my wife made a comment that my new jeans were "100% dad jeans." For a second I was humbled, but I dad-jokingly replied to her (currently 8-1/2 months pregnant and feeling every bit of it) "You better keep your eyes off of me or you'll end up pregnant again."
I am not cool.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back