PEAX Equipment

When Hunting became shooting.

I am going to be blunt, I though some of it was pretentious drivel.

Just more of the old "if you don't talk like I talk, hunt like I hunt, shoot what I shoot, value what I value, then your or less than" crap that I see all the time.

Then there were some valid points in there as well.

Overall, meh....

Last edited:
Some of the things that have changed just since this thread originated might even upset or surprise Gene

There is no denying that Gene and Barry have had a lot of success in the field and at the bookstore. Congrats to them both.

But, The one thing I have never subscribed to is living in the past. It s a waste of time. IMHO. And I am actually glad that we dont all think alike and do everything in the same way. To me that would make life a bit boring. I am not discounting his opinion or book, just stating my own and doing so from a position that goes back a bit over a decade further than his.

I enjoy sharing the past with others, I even have fond memories of the past but there are many things in todays world that I like better than whatever I had or didn't have in the 1940's.

I am also glad we dont all think alike and do the same things or use the same equipment or hunt the same way. How boring would that be. We possibly would not even have this forum, as there would be nothing to discuss because we would all have the same opinion on every subject, and we know that Harley, Muley, Willm, Vikingsguy and a dozen others are not going to let that happen ;)

Of course some things are not debatable, because they are just a "fact" Best caliber : 6.5 x 55 Best music group: Eagles Best ranch truck: Ford Best State: Arizona Sexist woman: o.k., that one is debatable

:cool:

It started going downhill when the RUM of the middle ages was popularized. They say it had a stubborn bolt lift.

View attachment 158965
Does that fit in any of the early "primitive weapon" seasons out west? If so, I am getting one and applying for a tag. Maybe @mtmuley can get the guys at Hammer to make me a custom 90kg copper projectile that goes 400 meters.

Last edited:
Its not Pro football when the QB runs the ball all the time or the team passes 70% of the time. Football is a ground game. What happened to this great game.

Kidding, though based on how they act some people seem to think there are legit 🏆 on the line.
I definitely wish they would go away, I think they help accelerate threads off the rails.

Personally, I love a good debate, I feel like occasionally I will spar with someone make a comment and get a bunch of “likes” and that person feels like the entire forum is against them. Pretty much destroys any chance for dialogue as understandably that individual gets defensive. Been on the reverse end as well, doesn’t feel great.

It is a noticeable side effect of the like button.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back