What's your freezer stock like?

We usually have a little excess that I wind up giving away as I start killing deer in the fall. Have several friends that appreciate it.
Put four deer and a wild hog in the freezer, plus lots of fish. We're good for quite a while.

I have 1.5 antelope left and roughly 3/4 of a whitetail. That should be enough for us until early fall.

We ate the last of my 2017 moose a couple weeks ago and spring bear season is around the corner, we'll be fine...

Zero!!! I need to fill the freezers, both of them bad this year. Wife and I thrive on game meat and fall back on that when nothing else sounds good.

At my crrent urn rate and with fishing season almost near, I have a years worth of meat of all species. We simply do not buy meat from the store. Its very rare.

I'm sitting pretty good about 120lbs elk, 30 lbs antelope, 75 lbs deer. Non game I have 50 lbs of chicken leg QTRS & 30 lbs of breasts.

We have 3 freezers full to the top, topped them off with hogs last week. We have meat to share with our non hunting friends if need be.
We have elk, mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn , bighorn sheep and feral hog for game and a little grass fee beef from the brother in law down in Texas.
Forgot about the walleye, perch and crappie a friend traded us for burger.

I have two small-ish deep freezers and the side freeze on the fridge. When my girl friend was adding cut up fruit pieces to the freezer to save for future smoothies she was complaining how she doesn’t have room because it is all meat. There’s also most of a doe in overflow at my parent’s freezer. And if power is out I have a generator and recently put up another 20 quarts of canned meat. So we’re good.

I have been fortunate this past hunting season, and with the nuisance of ample pigs they have provided us with enough meat that I can’t give enough of it away.

haven't counted, but started into the winter with 4 antelope does and 3 whitetail does in the freezer, still lots left.

Here in my household we shoot or catch everything we eat! So pretty much I’m good till they take my fishing and hunting license away. Just put 45 Crappie in the freezer yesterday. We have unlimited eggs from our chickens, unlimited milk from our goat, got plenty of red meat. Not sure about the rest of you but I’m good for a long long time....
Matt

I've got about 100 lbs of elk, 30-40 of moose, 10lbs of sheep, a few lbs of antelope left, plus I know where about 10 rabbits live on the property and I have a new .22 I'm itching to use...we're looking good...

Quite a bit of elk, some muley that may or may not have CWD, and 6 cottontails my son and I are saving up to make rabbit bratwurst.

As long the the power stays on I'm good. If not, my smoker will be working in overdrive. I also look out the window at cows that I disdain daily, and would thoroughly enjoy offing in the name of survival.

Next year I wont even have to pay a processor for my game meat, My wife bought a meat grinder attachment for her kitchen aid mixer! Just gotta find a vacuum sealer.
Save your money/time and use plastic wrap and freezer paper. Keeps longer for me and goes faster when processing.

BTW, I've used my wife's mixer to grind a whole lot of meat. Works well.

Like alot of others I took stock myself earlier this week. Didn't get a deer this year but still have a few packages from last year. I'm the only one that eats it in my house. Quite a bit of burger left, a few roasts, and a couple steaks/chops. I'm planning to eat through it and cook beef/pork for my fiance to help our grocery supply last a little longer.

I have some sheep meat and halibut.
I also have what we will call my avian live well, which is a swimming pool adjacent to a green space, chock full of dove and quail, if things really take a turn.

One even flew in my house when I had the screen door open earlier.

I made what I thought was a good decision was last fall. I need to get my freezer cleaned out. I did not get my normal 1/2 beef. I set my whitetail goal at a 10pt or better, and no does because I need to get clean out. So no whitetails. The good news is that I can almost unplug my meat freezer in the garage and defrost it. Bad news, yeah, you know. I do have small freezer in my basement that is over stuffed with frozen apple pie filling/sliced apple and frozen peach slices. My everyday freezer in my kitchen is still pretty well stocked with a bunch of store bought chicken parts and meals

Muley, pronghorn, whitetail, squirrel and trout. We even have some pork and beef. Set for the rest of the year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back