What's your freezer stock like?

I've come to realize while my freezers are full that a long term electrical shutdown will end that. I'm investing in a pressure canner for this next season so if the power goes out I'll still have something

I bottle some meat every year. We really enjoy it is stews and casseroles.

Sadly, seeing threads from local hunting forums inquiring about people possibly needing to take game out of season to get meat. This from an area of the country with a 4-month long deer season that just ended 6-8 weeks ago and in some areas, virtually unlimited antlerless harvest opportunities. Sad.

Too much in the freezer, pressure canned about 21 pints of salmon to lower the freezer stock before this summer's fishing trip. Did that before all the craziness of the "c". Couple deer left in the Freezers, so summer sausage this weekend, snack sticks the other weekend, brats sometime in the future.

Not too worried about the powering going out, but if it did then I would be making a pretty massive pile of jerky after the generator ran out of fuel along with a fair amount of smoked salmon.

Trout, mule deer doe, and some roadkill cow elk a friend of mine harvested. Going to do a beaver float hunt pretty soon here before the season is over to diversify the freezer.

Freezers good, but on the hoof freezer stock is on my property daily if it comes to that. mtmuley

I have 1 1/2 freezers still full of deer and elk. The fish freezer is down to 1/4. My plan is to always have the fish freezer empty by early Summer as my excuse to go back to Alaska to fill it. Hope that plan still works this year. I figure with the freezers and a bunch of elk and tuna that are canned we have a years worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back