Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What's your freezer stock like?

Jmnhunter

I got a weekly North American Deer Association email newsletter this morning, and their survey was asking how much wild game everyone had to live off of because of the "C" word.

Unfortunately, we only have about 1-2 weeks worth tops left due to only 1 deer this year along with a few meals of freshwater fish; all of our ducks and pheasants are gone :(
Turkey season in a month or so!

I imagine some of you western guys have plenty to last at least a month?

Nice to have a thread related to hunting 👍
I took stock last weekend and feel like we could make it a while. (only a family of 2)

32 lbs ground
8 packs of steak
Most of a back strap (holding onto that one like gold)
Couple squirrels
3 bags fish from last fall, need to do a fish fry to clear out for spring
I have one pack of duck left, haven’t decided what to do with it yet

Have 3/4 of the freezer left, not sure on specifics but had a great year. Have already shared a little and will likely to step it up even more in the coming weeks.
3 antelope, cow elk, and a buck as well as a little left from the year before after doing the same the previous year.

I have a doe deer thawing that I'm going to grind the whole thing for burger and sausage. I still have last year's antelope doe in the freezer to butcher. I lost about half of a cow elk when the freezer got unplugged. I'm pretty sure I know who did it, but I can't prove it. I have some various antelope and deer steaks, but not a lot. They won't last until hunting season this fall. So, other than burger sausage coming up, I'll be out of game in another month or two, especially with having my son for spring break.

Elk, antelope, mule deer, whitetail, pheasant, grouse, and goose - easily a year's worth of meat.

Elk and Moose here. Set easily for the rest of the year and then some

Elk, muley, some bear, in-laws just butchered a beef so as long as they don't ban intrastate travel we should be good to go.

Dropped 40lbs of elk off at my mom's last weekend + other groceries so she didn't have to leave the house for a while.

All the being said I don't think you need to worry too much about supply chains. Went to the store today, and the only thing I couldn't find were paper products. YMMV

Time to get serious about reducing freezer stock to make room for spring turkey and fishing. I’ve got a WT buck, about 1/4 of a doe and my fall turkey left. I’ve mostly been eating rabbits this winter.

Sitting on most of a bull elk, a good number of pheasants since we did some dog training at a game bird farm in addition to Wyoming hunting, some fish, and some sausage from animals that were shot prior to last hunting season. All in all we have two freezers full of meat and other foods. If it really hits the fan, we'll ration the carbs as we have less of those and go heavier on the protein with our meals. There will also be a lot fewer neighborhood bunnies if things get seriously bad. I think I'll be gardening with a bit more purpose this year too, but that's still two months out for us to even plant most things.

From the deer,elk, antelope, fish, and the chickens we raise to butcher and the hog we butcher once a year my family could make it into next summer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back