What's your freezer stock like?

Still have about 20 pound of elk burger left. 2 whitetails most of which are canned, lots of fish from a recent fishing trip to Florida, 1/2 side of beef, 40 pound of chicken, lots of hog. Sitting pretty good. That’s how our freezer is year round so it’s not as though I need to make efforts to stock up. I always like to have a nice array in there.

I have 2 3/4 deer left. I also have a couple gallons of catfish filets and assorted other fish. 8 meals worth of pork chops. 8 meals worth of chicken leg quarters. Assorted veggies. I have 10 hens on grass averaging 6 eggs a day. I have 42 hair sheep out in the pasture muching on grass and clover. As long as I can get bread and milk wont see much change in diet unless things sure enough go south.

Plenty of elk, mule deer & whitetail in my freezers. I'm solo so it goes a long way! One pack of bear brats left I keep hoarding :oops:. If I need fish I'll go out the front door for it.

Not enough. Still have a few packages from my 2018 cow elk. Actually thinking about buying a side of beef.

Need to check how the ice looks on the mountain lakes and possibly add some trout. It would give me something to do at least.

I'm still working on 2018 for the most part. I have about 3 freezers full. All we eat is wild game with the supplemental chicken. I've gifted quite a bit recently with what's going on. I also just got a sausage stuffer so I've got about 30# of brats to make.

A few walleye in the freezer and the remnants of my 2018 elk. Then 2019 elk, moose, mulie and antelope. Starving to death is not in my future lol

Probably 120 pounds of elk left, plus some rockfish and halibut. Should be good through summer.

Around a hundred and fifty pounds of Cod fillets and fifty pounds of Flounder (White Fluke). I didn't bother shooting any Roe Deer last year, I didn't have any freezer space left. I may buy another freezer, I'm supposed to harvest out some Yearling Red Deer in May. Been a good couple of years for Red Deer they just thinned out the herd at the end of January and took four Cows near my house. One good thing the Roe Deer season is nine months long here, opens up again in May.

Not enough. Was'nt in that much of a killing mood last fall. Did'nt have a lot of tags and wanted to stretch my season.

16 CF freezer about 3/4 full of deer, elk, antelope and ducks. Steaks, roasts, burger, sausage. Should be good for a while.

Plenty till next winter............think we'll throw some elk brats on the grill this weekend, or maybe elk burgers, or maybe I'll smoke a roast, or I could smoke my 2019 turkey breast those are pretty good, ahhhh decisions we must make in these tumultuous times....

We've got enough to last until the beginning of deer season at least. Still pretty evenly distributed across stew meat, roasts, backstrap, and a couple whole shoulders.

Good through 2020 with venison and elk, both ground and flesh. Just purchased a bunch of cod at a Walleyes Unlimited Banquet a week before the virus hit the fan. Having said that, looking forward to turkey and bear season to top off the freezer and offer some more variety.

Next year I wont even have to pay a processor for my game meat, My wife bought a meat grinder attachment for her kitchen aid mixer! Just gotta find a vacuum sealer.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back