Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What's your freezer stock like?

Didnt get to fish much during the summer due to scouting for elk like crazy...boy did that backfire (what's the saying, dont put all your eggs in one basket), so I have one rainbow trout and one little walleye left. The doe from the fall is almost gone and it was absolutely appreciated. Excited for round two with the turkeys this spring. My dog is set with elk bones from the butcher though!

Mule deer, whitetail, elk, some of my butchered hog, 1 turkey with season fast approaching. Bear season is close to! Fish is low but I never have a lot of fish. All in all were good for quite awhile since it's just me and the better half.

I still have an elk and a half, an antelope and a half, a deer, and birds left. Plus we bought a pig from a friend last year for making sausage and stuff, so a little of that is left - two chest freezers full. We can get through 18 months if we need to. Usually share with friends and family some.

I've got two whole front quarters, two boned hind quarters of whitetail, butchered Muley steaks/chops (8lbs or so) approx 30lbs ground venison, exactly 48lbs ground bison, one half bison brisket, 2 lbs bison t-loin, 6lbs bison round steak and two whitetail neck roasts. I feel like I need to thaw those whole quarters and boned quarters and get to work, but I used a vacuum seal on their bags so they are good to go for several more months. All of my remaining bison is from 10/2018 and still good as pure solid gold when I thaw it...i can only imagine what it might be like if i didnt have a vacuum unit.

I’ve got about 60 1LB packages of 60% mule deer %40 beef left , and about 40 rings of mule deer/pork sausage left so we will be just fine . Just had mule deer spaghetti tonight

My family is still sittin on around 170# of elk and at least 20# of Oryx and Blackbuck. We have a meat hunt planned for mid-July (ranching hunt) to replenish the freezer for the coming winter along with multiple draws we are waiting on results for. Looking forward to filling it back up int he coming months.

2 whole deer from this fall, maybe 1/4 of a deer from 2018, about 5 lbs. of deer salami, and plenty of store-bought meat and fish. Don't NEED to buy any meat for a long time if we don't need to. Only buy something if we need it or it's on a super cheap sale to stock up. And yes, vacuum sealing is fantastic!

We're good on meat for the year fortunate to take an elk this year alongside my bride. 1/4 beef, stews, chili, zucchini soup, chicken noodle, chicken and Turkeys..... in the inside freezer we're stocked with kids options and uncrustables........I freakin love those things we may need more.....uncrustables that is.

Little spring walleye to yield some golden fillets.... we'll be set

My chest freezer that I bought in the fall in anticipation with filling it full of white tail is void of any game meat. Someone passed on a deer and also missed a shot so no venison made it in there. Been hoping to come across a good roadkill. Preferably one I didn’t hit.

I've already given probably 40lbs away this year to friends and family to. Went to my buddies shop who owns a little hometown butcher shop. He's limiting people to what they can purchase. Says one lady argued with him over it....... crazy times out there.

I probably have about 8 lbs of deer burger, and 10 lbs of steak. If we (the wife and myself) ration, it should last a couple months so......If anyone wants to share their backstraps and tenderloins I will send you my address.... haha!

I’m about halfway through the two slick head whitetails from last year. Plus we bought half of a cow last fall as well. We roughly have 100lbs of venison, and 200lbs of burger left still. Plus we have two dozen Kansas pheasants in there that I just remembered about.

I figure if the TP holds out we should be good to be quarantined until at least July.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back