PEAX Equipment

Whats up with the outfitters ????

Coyotes-R-Us

I have been looking to do a guided predator hunt. We are very experienced predator hunters, so I'd like an "advanced" not a beginner hunt. We have never had the guided experience other then some fishing in AK many years ago. Fact is my son went to guide school and guided in AK for 5 years, the last 3 weeks he was doing it is when My wife and I went there. it was all ocean charter fishing .
long story short, the wife gets very "Sun Starved" in the winter way up north here. She wants to go south some time in late January or February. If we do that I want to do some "Guided" predator hunting wail she is getting a suntan by the pool and some light shopping. The trip would include my boy and his wife me and mine. The wife wont be hunting. What I'm looking for is a two day two night hunt Possibly in Arizona or Nevada. We would need a motel or lodge with a pool and some shops close by, transportation to the Outfitter or camp and a hunt for three Hunters.
I have contacted a LOT of outfitters and most don't want to help me find something for the wife... SHE IS the REASON for the hunt. Most just send me back an Email simply saying give me your number or call me. WHAT? If I ever get to the point in our relationship to "Give you my Number" I may call but you have to give me something to talk about first, SELL ME A HUNT.
They make me feel there doing ME a favor WHAT?
Any one here have a GOOD outfitter they go to? Someone that may fit the parameters?
I don't need to be coddled I don't need them to entertain the wife or have a lodge . I need them to know if there IS someplace near there operation and be willing to maybe pick us up. From a place they can recommend. AT there very least answer my emails with some kind of plan ...

Have you been to Hobbs? Not much in the way of shopping or fun stuff for the ladies.

My 2 cents would be to send the girls to Vegas or Mexico while you go hunting. Some of the best predator hunting can be at night so it's not like you would spend a lot of time together anyway.

Finding a spot where they can spend time by the pool and go shopping in the near vicinity of a place where you can do some predator hunting in January or February is going to be a tall order I think.

You considered flying to southern AZ or NM, rent a car, and DIY? Maybe Tucson or Las Cruces?

I would do what above poster mentioned.I know a lot of guys head to NM in winter to trap and theres plenty of public ground

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but what can a guide provide you with on a coyote hunt that someone experienced like you guys can't do for yourself? Again, not trying to be a douche. Now cats or bears I could see.

Hopefully someone hooks you up with a good guy.

Probably not much, maybe WE could give them a few pointer...
Just never did a guide hunt new experience, never know it all.
the trip is for the wife, Sunshine and all we would just like a hunt when she is getting a tan and shopping. I'm not from there never been there Have NO idea what I could give to my wife for entertainment, SHE is NOT a hunter.
That's all
:mad:

Since it's for the wife, I'd have her pick the destination and then you find something you want to do in that locale. In AZ, I'd consider Tuscon and south. I hunted near the town of Patagonia in February. Weather was nice, but not quite sun bathe by the pool warm. That said, I'm sure you could find a quide in that country to do some predator calling. This guy has a pretty good reputation as a guide on another board, with an emphasis on Coues deer:
http://www.arizonabackcountryguideservice.com/#!about/czpx

That said, if you are much of an upland bird enthusiast, I'd suggest a 2-4 day quail hunt. I only did a one day hunt for Mearns quail, but could easily seem me going back for the 4 day hunt to get all 3 species of desert quail. Here's a link to the guy we used for the bird hunt:
http://www.arizonaguidedhunts.com/index.html

I have contacted a LOT of outfitters and most don't want to help me find something for the wife... SHE IS the REASON for the hunt. Most just send me back an Email simply saying give me your number or call me. WHAT? If I ever get to the point in our relationship to "Give you my Number" I may call but you have to give me something to talk about first, SELL ME A HUNT

Most folks in the outfitting business don't like typing. They feel better talking to someone on the phone as part of their sales pitch and can steer the conversation in a direction where they determine if you are an earnest shopper or tire kicking. These guys get dozens of email requests per day and few follow ups. It is hard to read someones personaity from the written word, and a lot easier to do from voice inflection and emphasis. It also reduces what might be 3 or 4 emails over 2 or 3 days into a 5 minute conversation.

Remember, lots of these folks don't have High speed internet and replying to emails is a chore...

Can't know why you'd need an outfitter to hunt coyotes in those states anymore than your wife would need a guide in the mall to show her how to shop...

Ya I'd scrap the guide idea if you are an experienced coyote hunter and your name is Coyotes-R-Us. I definitely would be calling guys if your interested in finding a good guide though. Email isn't usually the best method to contact outfitters.

Gota have names to call...
As you can tell by a lot of my post , communications is not one of my strong points.
Email is how I'm going to do it.
I know I would not NEED a guide to kill coyotes, we know how. AND my wife sure knows how to shop with out any help, just needs to know what direction to start walking, we would fly in. As far as a pool even up north here we have motels with "IN DOOR" pools that are quite nice????
I have Never been out of my state and it sounds a LOT easer to let someone else decide the hunt. Being lazy I guess. It would be kind of a vacation for me too.
From the responses I'm getting back it sounds like no one wants my $$$ anyway. Make me wander what they do to make the wife happy on a vacation .:cool:

I would say stop talking and start doing some thing. Forget the hunt and take the WIFE on a VACATION in another STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say stop talking and start doing some thing. Forget the hunt and take the WIFE on a VACATION in another STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, you beat me to it, treat the wife to a nice little vacation, it doesn't hurt once in a while.
Having said that i usually sneak a fishing rod in where ever we go!
Cheers
Richard

^^^ THIS ^^^^ Surely you can figure SOMETHING :D to do on vacation to make the wife happy!!!
Also I don't think you are going to have much luck with outfitters unless you are willing to pick up the phone. Much good advice has been given....

Last edited:
:(
Well?
The wife made the decision...
Two days In Phoenix sunning and shopping.
No dogs on this trip...
:BLEEP:

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back