Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What's the timeframe you have worn your pack before irritations started?

blgoode

The last 2 days here at Disney I've been using a pack to haul the families crap around :) roughly 2 8hr days in a row. I haven't been using a waste belt and only have slight irritating feeling on one shoulder. No neck or shoulder pain just rubbing I'm guessing.

What was the timeframe any of you have with pack on before slight discomfort sets in. Pack I'm wearing has about 15lbs of stuff in it. I really don't think that's too bad considering the time length I've had it on.

You might want to rub some Monistat on the affected area and get a fanny pack instead. Sounds like a pu$$y problem to me.

Damn man. Sorry to just ask about prolong pack use. Sounds like you need the hormone treatment or a midol. Why even respond to my post? Just to rile up something? That sounds like a pu$$y problem.

Considering he is from Stillwater, he is probably still PMSing that his team isn't in the National Championship.

I would be concerned about the irritation after only two days. If you have adjustments for the suspension, make sure they are set up correct for you. I have done many weeklong + trips without any irritation. My external frame is from Barney's Sports Chalet in Anchorage, AK and my internal is a Badlands.

Damn man. Sorry to just ask about prolong pack use. Sounds like you need the hormone treatment or a midol. Why even respond to my post? Just to rile up something? That sounds like a pu$$y problem.

Sorry man couldn't help myself. Whining about shoulder irritation after 2 days of carrying a whopping 15 pounds around Disney land is "unmanly" as the miller lite commercials say.
Might want to put a couple maxi pads on your shoulders to stop the irritation and put a couple tampons in your mouth so your family doesn't have to listen to you whine like a female dog.

And again - you have way too much to prove to someone. Didn't daddy hug you enough?

I simply asked a simple question. Didn't realize the subject matter had to only pertain to the robustness you live by on a friggin vacation.

If you don't mind I'd rather take in useful input so you don't have to post here again for my account. But thanks for your opinion about my softness. Not sure what that says about why you chose to huff up but I'll listen to say the least. I'm guessing the lexan inserts in the shoulder straps are not loosened or formed and are pushing in more than they should. I think I will take your advise and "man up" and add weight tomorrow and use the time walking to break em in more. I didnt add the amount of weight I was carrying as a complaint but a real world situation that just happened to be what it was.

Lots of guys on here have worn packs for way longer than 8 hours with way more than 15 pounds in them.

I wouldnt expect a pack weighing 15 pounds to bother anything...broke in or not.

Cant really answer your question?

I do know that when my pack is full of elk meat..."slight discomfort sets in"...almost immediately.

Thanks for the input and that's why I asked here. It isn't about the weight but more a general question about use over a long period of time. Guess it does sound like a insignificant question but it was what was on my mind at the time.

Dont think its insignificant...just dont think theres a way around a heavy pack causing discomfort.

I wear a pack around 200 days a year, they arent ever real comfortable, but I really dont even think about it anymore.

I think any new pack will require a certain amount of breaking in...

Thanks for the input. This pack so far has been great on small, short duration use with out any problems. I will keep using it and see what happens.

BuzzH;2211251I do know that when my pack is full of elk meat..."slight discomfort sets in"...almost immediately.[/QUOTE said:
HAHAHA!!! Amen to that!

WYO556 that was fricking hilarious, still chuckling! (would have written that myself) Discomfort set in this year just looking at my pack with 2 bone-in, hide on front quarters????? > recommendation : get the mickey mouse ears on adjust the suspension on that Goofeyland 6500 pack and go for it man - the discomfort is just pride eatin ya!

Damn y'all some cold bastards. I was simply asking a question not proving my manhood. Glad I could be of entertainment. No wonder people don't post much on this forum. Not all loads packs are big macho gear and game hauls. Glad to know I'm not welcome here.

Last edited:
blgoode - Fret not. 'tis the time of year for guys on hunting sites. The hunter's version of PMS - seasons have just closed and we seem to use our spare time taking out the frustrations.

As to your pack rubbing, I suspect you might have a bum pack. If it is rubbing with that amount of use, I would be looking for other solutions when it comes to a hunting pack.

The packs I currently use did not have a "break in period." Anytime I had a problem with a pack in the beginning, the problem never went away, just getting worse with time.

Considering the weight most guys carry in their daypack, and the miles they put on, to be having the problem you mention, with such light use, is probably a sign you should be looking for a new pack.

Happy New Year!

I have heard MR pack straps run too wide for some and I appreciate your input. That's all the input I was looking for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back