What's on the Grill Or just got off?

We had company over for Memorial Day & I pulled out the reserves to help. Soy/ginger/garlic chili marinated pork chop on the camp chef, parboiled yam 1/4's chicken breasts & burgers in the big grill. It was nice to cook for people again.

Smoker coming this week along with a pizza oven for the camp chef.
PXL_20220530_172924172.jpg

The last of the 2021 meat. Goose, duck, deer, cured and on the traeger becoming jerky.

Luckily the boys can shoot, or we might if needed to be vegans this year

Just curious what brand of grill this is? I have always wanted a Santa Maria style grill but they are typically pretty spendy.
That’s a custom built pit by my brother. Lots of hours spent on a custom pit which is normally why they are spendy.
About the best value for a Santa Maria pit is the ones Costco sells or at least they do around here.😁

That’s a custom built pit by my brother. Lots of hours spent on a custom pit which is normally why they are spendy.
About the best value for a Santa Maria pit is the ones Costco sells or at least they do around here.😁
Oh that makes sense! I have looked at that costco one online and it looks great but I'm quite certain they will not have that grill in Fargo, ND 😄

Getting near the bottom of the hunting freezers so I wasn't sure what this was. Did an hour of heavy smoke with cherry pellets then a hot sear. Pretty sure it was deer. The wife and I have come to really enjoy grilled cherry tomatoes with our salads. I give them a quick spray of olive oil then shake on Traeger veggie rub. Five minutes or so on the grill and they're pretty tasty.

Attachments

• received_949177883144876.jpeg
    received_949177883144876.jpeg
    374.6 KB · Views: 7
  • received_757978722189098.jpeg
    received_757978722189098.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members