What's good in your life?

Thank you for this thread! It's so important to remember what's important.

My wife and son are healthy and happy and they both like to hunt!
My spoiled rotten dog is always a blessing.
My folks and father in law are well and happy.
My job is secure and I've been blessed enough to be working.

Early Cow tags in AZ for me and my wife.
Waiting on deer draw results for all of us

To many more blessings to count.

Coming up on 15 year of marriage that has included 7 houses in 7 different states, 4 daughters under the age of 13, numerous health scares ( wife, myself and my children).

My kids love the outdoors, my wife loves that I include them in everything I do whether it is hunting, fishing, fixing things, life, etc..

I have a good job and make more money than I should, my wife owns her own business, and together we are opening our third clothing boutique in two years.

yeah life is pretty damn good. I have zero to complain about.. wait. I live in Illinois. Taxes.... I hate the taxes.. haha.

The grass is green at the farm and the cows are happy. The youngest of our 3 boys just finished up college and they are all employed and living a good life. We have grand puppies! I am in the final 7 months of employment after a great career. My wife of 31 years still tolerates me.
cows.jpg

Last edited:
My family has stayed healthy and safe during the turmoil of the past 6 months, especially the past several weeks. In a state whose covid restrictions continue to hurt the livelihood of many, both my wife and I haven't missed a day of work. My grandmother, after having been diagnosed with lymphoma in January, is seeing incredible success with her chemotherapy treatments. And last but not least, as @Sawtooth mentioned, Idaho has seen fit to allow me back this season for another crack at their mountains after suspending non resident license sales for a time. I'm fortunate to have his friendship and eagerness to help! There's always something to be grateful for if it's positivity you're searching for.

New job has proven stable, finally done with moving, gained access to some great ground in a new place without any charge.

Adding to the spawn collection in December!

Wyo elk tag, still waiting on antelope.

Kansas whitetail!!

Discovered Russell's Whiskey.

Enjoy seeing some positive things from everyone, it's a nice change. Great thread.

We had our first child born in January and have been able to work from home spending way more time with him then expected. Instead of sitting in Denver traffic for 45 min each way I get to sip coffee and watch Newberg videos with him before starting the day!

Good thread....

Family - wife and kids are well and healthy. Parents are also doing good... both will turn 70 this year.

Career - secure job... looking forward to retirement (eligible in 6 years). I'm glad to work where I do, lots of time outdoors.

Hunting - I drew a Colorado muzzleloader elk tag (super happy!!!). It is the only tag I've drawn this year. Can't wait for September to arrive. Hoping to draw an AZ deer tag or at least to pick up a leftover tag. Thinking about starting bear hunting next year.... that may happen this year depending on tags drawn/not drawn.

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound all emotional and stuff but I've found that taking time to actually be grateful for stuff helps with the mind set when things are rough in other areas. Good Thread.

I'm grateful that today is exactly a year since we hit the road moving my Long Distance Girlfriend referred to as "ML" 800 miles to live with me.
I'm grateful that my friends and family have been supportive of that .
I'm grateful that she supports my hunting habit and wants me to hunt.

That said, I've got a New Mexico Mule Deer tag for November.
My youngest daughter had all A's and a B plus on her last 8th grade report card.
Both my parents are healthy and active in their 70's

The pandemic pushed us to move out of NYC to the Catskills. Starting my own business and it is going well, so far.

Sold our cabin and are in the process of buying a 170 year old farmhouse in PA with beautiful views and only 8 miles from a 10,000 acre state land parcel.

Oh yeah, and we got a lab pup.

Very thankful that things are going well for us given the current climate in our country.

First off thankful that I haven’t missed a day of work yet.

Family beach trip in August

Goat hunt with @Cav1 in September.

Elk hunt with my brother in October.

With all the chaos going on I’m still maintaining the attitude that I live in the greatest country on earth 🇺🇸 and I’m thankful for that.

Well this is an easy one Ive been single almost all my life dated many but never a good fit then 6 yrs ago I met an amazing lady and I couldnt ask for anything more at 57 life is way gooder with a partner
work is good ,rest of my family is healthy the lock down has taken some toll on mom she 84 and been active all her life 3 months of sitting at home hasnt been good but taking her to delaware this weekend for some RNR that should lift her spirits
AND know matter what is on the news AMERICA is still the promised land on earth we maybe side tracked a bit now but I still believe in the heart and spirit of the American people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back