What's good in your life?

Several new and exciting things happening in the Sawtooth house. Wife just accepted a job in her organization that will add new and exciting options to her work day. Daughter was accepted into her University's MBA program and received scholarships that made her mom and I smile. Son just got engaged to a wonderful young lady. And I have a summer full of scouting trips planned to help my buddy fill his Idaho bighorn sheep tag. The sheep unit is full of great fly fishing waters, from high alpine lakes to blue ribbon streams. First trip is planned for the end of this month. I will also be keeping an eye out for a nice Mule deer buck that @TheNorthStar can hang his tag on. Hoping to check out a few more new locations in the OTC elk and deer zones I normally hunt each fall as well.

My wife is my best buddy of 24 years.
We have two AWESOME pups that love us to death and love every second of life... making us laugh multiple times a day.
I retire in less than 8 months and we are moving to Wyoming. Wife grew up there and we have been going every year, sometimes several times a year for 23 years.
In about a month we will be fly fishing Wyoming and making arrangements for a new "crib".
I haven't succumbed to Corona, been robbed or injured in a riot. 🥴
Somehow, the Lord finds a way to look past my many faults and sins and still insists on forgiving me and loving me.
I have the ability to peruse great hunting and outdoors websites.
I will be mule deer, pronghorn and whitetail hunting in a few months. We have a great daughter and son-in-law.
I woke up this morning! 😀

My work has been steady. In fact, I had people calling wanting me to bid on contracts...if I had the time to do them.

The family has been healthy and thank God for it. My oldest hasn't had any issues with his asthma necessitating a visit to the hospital, which has been great with all the stuff going on.

Looks like dad and I will have plenty of opportunities this fall

Scheduled a spur of the moment trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama yesterday because I'm a sucker for wife and kids wanting their beach trip. The least I could do for a wife that not only tolerates, but encourages my western trips.

Plus I live in the country, got a full garden, the fruit bushes and trees are doing well.

I hope you all can be as fortunate or moreso than I have been.

My wife, one year old daughter, dogs, and myself are all healthy, financially secure, and happy (most of the time). My fridge is full of fresh trout, cobia, and mackerel. My freezer is full of venison, elk, and pork ( I have a weakness). Despite the cards 2020 has dealt the world, we are feeling incredibly blessed and are excited about the future and spreading the love!

My son turns 1 tomorrow. We celebrated with family this past weekend. My 3 year old daughter has decided fishing is her favorite thing to do in the last few weeks. I have a bear tag for September in MN, I’m taking the family to Florida in October, and my dad has an AZ elk tag that I’ll help him with in December. I’ve got a lot that’s good in my life.

Attachments

• 05FD66D6-C5EE-4C01-B852-075E4A17F6DA.jpeg
    05FD66D6-C5EE-4C01-B852-075E4A17F6DA.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 13
In addition to having so many wonderful family and friends, once again, I woke up an American this morning. One of the million lucky enough to wake up in Montana.

That's more good fortune than I likely deserve.

I have the ability work from home during this. Both girls home with 1 getting ready to go to Law School in San Diego. We have our health, family and love.

Fortunately we have our own hunting property and cabin and for the first time the girls went hunting with me. I was actually shocked. I usually don't have time for turkey hunting with work and coaching so I haven't gone the last few years. We have a turkeys everywhere but my girls aren't into hunting. Got a bird within 20 minutes. They actually thought it was cool........... Coulda got another tag and bird but didn't want to press my luck with them.

Health , steady work , family and friends that I can hunt with , 2 grandkids and a third on the way , a reliable truck , and a beautiful woman that loves me despite my imperfections, and my youngest son who’s 17 has finally started to come out on a few trips to the woods for a scout or to check some trail cams in the last few weeks . This is Isaak my youngest and my good elk buddy John last Saturday afternoon
E0039CB1-CAC9-4FF0-AF52-50DB2B259888.jpeg

Awesome thread!

I’d be a fool to complain.

My family is healthy.

I have a good secure job that gives me the flexibility to run a small farm as well.

I likely have a promotion coming that will be a significant income and benefits boost. Will double my vacation time. That should allow me to do two out of State hunting trips a year along with have time off to chase our crazy whitetail rut around the State down here.

Sold a load of lambs last weekend which covered the cost of the handling system I bought a while back

Get to do a weekend trip to the Ozarks to go after trout this weekend or next.

Freezer and pantry is slam full.

I get to make my first western hunt this fall with my son, uncle, and close friend.

Having a big family outdoor fish fry tomorrow night.

Healthy family
Been able to work from home, as has my wife
I live in an incredibly beautiful and peaceful place
Have done some fun fishing and hiking with the kids lately
No big plans for hunting season, just going to hang close and hunt my home territory. It feels good to not worry about whether a big trip will be able to happen.
I will be helping two of my sons hunt deer over in Vermont
I just got a pressure washer and you should see how clean the inside of my boat is now!

Baby #2 due in January..coronial generation lol

We refinanced our house to a 20 year and got a 2.625% interest rate. We are replacing a 30 year at 4.625% so pretty insane drop! Payment is a wash but will be adding a lot more principal with each payment.

Fortunate that no one I know has been severely affected by the pandemic. Lucky to live in ND where we get some shelter from all the BS going on in the world.

I've battled anxiety and depression the last two years and I am trying to be a glass half full guy the last few months. I know I am fortunate to have what I do and just need to worry about what I can control and enjoy the ride!

Too many things to count really. But I bought my daughter a 22 today and taught her gun safety and how to bait a hook so I’m blessed for that. Plus I shot a nice bear this spring and drew a limited entry Montana Muley tag so I guess the past, present, and future are all awesome.

Attachments

• 39EEE40D-D8F1-461E-8908-5545BA607F9B.jpeg
    39EEE40D-D8F1-461E-8908-5545BA607F9B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 8E63F343-9310-40DE-99A3-F4431BAE3899.jpeg
    8E63F343-9310-40DE-99A3-F4431BAE3899.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 350A5710-2A33-466E-9CC0-74DDA79B49E3.jpeg
    350A5710-2A33-466E-9CC0-74DDA79B49E3.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 92240B77-5EB3-49B5-B917-73CD14F1DACC.jpeg
    92240B77-5EB3-49B5-B917-73CD14F1DACC.jpeg