What's good in your life?

-Healthy family and pets
-A wonderful home on a quiet road, and great neighbors
-Money in my outdoor account, and 250 vacation hours on the books that I’ll be converting to hunting trips and family vacations this year.
-A freezer full of venison
-A loving wife who takes great care of our 3 little ones, maintains the house, and supports my passion for hunting. Not sure what else I could ask for!
-Millions of acres of public land to enjoy
-Scheming and e-scouting my bucket list hunts before I’ve even applied for them
-Freedom and proud to be an American
-A great church, wonderful friends, and all the great people I will get to meet someday

- Every morning I get to wake up beside my best friend, give her a kiss and see her sleepy smile

- Being out of work has given me time to focus on my physical health again. I'm back into my gym, feeling strong and my shoulder issue has mostly cleared up

- We were diligent to pay off everything but the mortgage and a very small car payment last year. Due to this, we're still able to pay the bills despite the lack of work.

- No matter what happened in the world today, the sun will rise in the morning and the birds will sing in the backyard.

- One day closer to the wild blackberries behind my apartment being ripe
-Slowly growing as a hunter and scouting, found a promising WMA to invest my time in yesterday
-Immediate family is healthy and employed, no small task right now in my area
-Upstairs neighbor has been loudly expanding my musical knowledge of popular acts across several genres from the 70s-90s, whether I like it or not. Today seems to be The Cure.
-The snakes that live by the blackberries are very cool to watch each day, and half tame (along with the deer) from all of the attention the neighbors and I have been giving them
-Lots of nice birds around

Its all good
But what I would like to share on here is>>
Lots of shooting lately, some fishing, loving caring girlfriend
a wyoming elk hunt to help a friend on this year in a great unit
still hope in the deer/antelope draw
softball games starting this coming weekend

What's good in my life? In order:
1. my wife and kids;
2. hunting; and
3. my job.

On point #2, today was a good day, I was awarded the Mule Deer tag I wanted for Saskatchewan. If all goes well with Wyoming, I should draw all three of my preferred Mule Deer tags in Sask, Montana and Wyoming. Still waiting on Idaho, Wyoming Deer/Antelope and Montana Antelope!!!

Every day is a gift and we have much t be thankful for and to look forward to. But this is a broken and imperfect world. Believing in the promises of the following verses gives me peace of mind of what is to come after our short time here. Revelation 21:4 and 1 Corinthians 2:9.

Well, I'm getting married this coming weekend... We had originally post poned due to all the covid stuff, but when they opened up gatherings to 50 here in Alberta, we figured, why the hell not. We had originally wanted a small ceremony anyways.

But, I'm more excited for the draw opportunities this year. The soon to be wife should draw her antlered mule deer tag here in Alberta, with a 7 year priority for the zone we want. I haven't told her quite yet, but I should be getting mine as well with a 6 year priority wait... Sad that only a few years ago, it would take 4 years. I am also hoping for a bull elk tag in the same zone, but that will be on the fence as to whether or not I get it.

I don't know for sure, if its a bad thing that I'm more excited about the coming hunting season than my wedding day.

We also purchased a holiday trailer, for glamping. An older unit, but easier to sell if we don't use it as much as we intend to. Easy to fall back to the wall tent and tipi tents for camping if need be.

Don't know how I missed this thread. Great thread with so much to be thankful for by all.

This upcoming weekend, I get to celebrate Father's Day with my father and my son gets to be with both his father and grandfather. We will also be celebrating my son's birthday (actually the 24th). In addition to that we will also be celebrating my parents 62nd wedding anniversary that coincides with Father's Day this year.

Then skip two weeks and we get to Celebrate our Country's Independence. We will also be celebrating my grandson's first birthday (actually June 28) and stepson's birthday (actually July 5th).

And hopefully somewhere between now and then I pick up either a Wyoming or an Arizona deer tag (or both).

What's good in your life?

My life is good.

I'm taking my Father and Father in law on a fishing trip tomorrow on my bass boat as a present for fathers day. I got a rifle Tag for Mule Deer in New Mexico, and after two long months on Unemployment i'm going back to my job. I can't wait for 2020 to be over, but at the very least, Tomorrow and 4 days in November should be AMAZING!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back