Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What's good in your life?

-Saw another sun rise!
-Wife and I both have good jobs; not affected by Covid.
-My side job of fence installation(pays for hunting habit) is as busy as can be right now.
-Son just got in to University of Virginia(his dream school)
-Daughter just started new job which cut her commute by an hour each way
-Food plots coming along great

No complaints. All healthy. Been fun having two kids home so much to help wife around the house. They love chicken chores.
PA rules allowed us to be out hiking, fishing, an now kayaking. My boy was just out with my father inlaw fishing a landed a 23" brown. So cool for the both of them. Even mounting this one.imagejpeg_0.jpg
This year's full with a trip to the beach planned, some camping, steelhead fishing, and 3rd rifle elk in Colorado this Nov.
Wish most had it as good as us.
Thank You Lord

Lots to be thankful for. Good job with my company (part-owner) - and our business is busier than normal. Steady increases are great. I don't / can't travel right now and am really enjoying not being on airplanes.

Moved to a beautiful place close to family, which has been awesome during all of this. Immediate family is all doing well, and the challenges have been good life experiences for the kids.

My Dad is prepping for hunting season. His goal this year is to bird hunt without a cane. I'll be a gun-bearer if he needs - but I'm glad he's still positive and working towards a goal. New niece / nephew coming in August.

Putting the finishing touches on my raft trailer.

What a great thread!!

Being a worrier by nature I won’t lie, this has been a tough couple months. But, I am beyond blessed and definitely don’t deserve all that I have.

-a devoted wife that pretty much let’s me do whatever I want
-two great teenage sons that still think Dad is cool enough to want to hang out and hunt with
-a career that I definitely don’t deserve but am truly thankful for
-the family dog that is always glad to see me
-already had a successful bear hunt and hoping for more success this Fall
-I’m thankful for those on this site that inspire me to be a better person and sportsman

God bless you all

I have been blessed with having had a wonderful life, wonderful family and friends, which include many members of Hunt Talk.

Wonderful memories of yesteryear !!!!---- however, I am eagerly looking forward to what comes my way tomorrow.

Ciao

Hunting wife : a young man driving me around in a Ferrari--------from your lips to Gods ears (-:

Nice thread, good thinking man! As others have said, we have our health, our college aged kids away from home are healthy and happy, and we're living the life we want to, paying our bills and getting outdoors as much as possible.

I heard on a podcast, I believe it was "Cleared Hot" with Andy Stumpf, he routinely says to "keep your world small" and only worry about the things you can control. I've been living by that advice since all this shit started and it works well to stay focused and not get worked up over things you cannot control. I also passed that advice to my college son, and he is doing well w/his small group of friends also.

3B522CFF-0696-4E96-BD86-C6DE335611ED.jpegAll of our girls were able to celebrate my grandmother’s 95th birthday in February, just a couple of weeks before COVID hit hard. It was a wonderful time, and she talked about the party for weeks after. She passed away on Tuesday.

This is a great thread. I too, have much for which to be grateful. My wife ,our family, and I are healthy. Our kids are doing well in their lives. Just rolled past seven years of being retired, hardly seems possible.

My usual late summer of field trials is in jeopardy, but time will tell. So most days, I ride one of my three horses for an hour or so. It works out really well that I can ride without trailering them anywhere. Just saddle up and go on a chunk of blm land that is on the Clark's Fork of the Yellowstone.

In a month or so I hope to get my young setter broke on her birds, so that when field trials resume, she is ready to go as well. Hopefully a good friend and I will trail ride in SW Montana several times this summer.

Last fall, I more or less had a game plan for the hunting season. This year, less so. But it will be some mix of bird hunting and elk hunting.

To JLS,

That is a wonderful shot of your grandma and your daughters. Please accept my condolences for her passing,, 95 years is a blessed life.

To JLS,

That is a wonderful shot of your grandma and your daughters. Please accept my condolences for her passing,, 95 years is a blessed life.
Thank you. She had her wit and humor until the very end. Healthwise, it's been a very bumpy road. When we visited her last fall, I could tell she was ready to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
My oldest daughter just moved out today. I'm proud of her. She's 3 quarters from finishing her B.S. degree, and has enough in savings to finish it and get through a good portion of her M.S. program without taking out any loans. She works very hard, and I'm excited for her to get out on her own.

View attachment 143409All of our girls were able to celebrate my grandmother’s 95th birthday in February, just a couple of weeks before COVID hit hard. It was a wonderful time, and she talked about the party for weeks after. She passed away on Tuesday.
There is a lot of happiness in this picture JLS. So glad your family was able to celebrate with your grandmother before Covid made is impossible to do so. Prayers to you and your family in this time of loss.

- A wife of 20 years who still loves me
- Three young sons who bring endless joy to my life
- Health and resources to enjoy many of the blessings of God’s creation
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- the list is long... thanks for the reminder to give thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back