Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What to cook first?

What should the first thing cooked on the new Traeger be?

• 16 oz ribeye

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • BBQ Ribs

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Whole chicken

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Venison backstrap

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Homemade pizza

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • $.99 hotdogs

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Leave it in the box and don’t use

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Something else…mention it in the comments

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You did NOT mention:
Salmon - marinated overnight
Kielbasa - homemade venison
Piglet - small, whole
Corn on the cob
Zucchini

Shame! Shame! Shame!

While I love steak on our pellet grill. The best thing we found the family likes is pork butts. Cheap easy and very good with your favorite sauce. Enjoy, your going to love the grill.
I second this suggestion, especially if you are new to smoking. Pork butts are very hard to do wrong. In second place, I'd suggest a brisket. Takes a little bit more attention, but in the end hard to mess up.

Best thing for me is to have a meat thermometer and to use it. Cook to temps and not time.

I second this suggestion, especially if you are new to smoking. Pork butts are very hard to do wrong. In second place, I'd suggest a brisket. Takes a little bit more attention, but in the end hard to mess up.

Best thing for me is to have a meat thermometer and to use it. Cook to temps and not time.
Can't do it!
I'm a "timer man"!
But I prefer my BBQ with some texture. I've had the stuff that was a mouthful of mush and tough as a boot sole. Think I'd rather have the tough.

Ive smoked a lot of meat and a few other things. Ive never had a pellet grill though. Always had an electric smoker that took a crap and started shocking me every time I'd plug it in so I havent had a smoker for a couple of years.

Wild or Butterball?

You did NOT mention:
Salmon - marinated overnight
Kielbasa - homemade venison
Piglet - small, whole
Corn on the cob
Zucchini

Shame! Shame! Shame!
The salmon is all gone from last year, hopefully I will get a chance to renew the stock sometime this summer. Corn on the cob sounds good for a side! Although I a sure it is awesome, my wife would not touch a whole piglet.

Pork butt is probably the most fool proof if you don't smoke a lot. This may sound weird but I picked it up from a friend and it was surprisingly good. Buy a 5lb tube of bologna. Smoke whole or chunk up and slather in bbq sauce and smoke in pan Pretty darn tasty.

My other go to's are brisket, ribs, sausage, chicken, sausage, etc....

Crank it up and it also cooks a good steak, pork chops, chicken breast, etc...

A smoke wild turkey breast basted in honey or maple syrup almost heaven a plate.
LOL!
No "sweet on meat"! 😠
Now, drag a pan sausage patty through a pool of syrup or on a biscuit and jelly? You betcha! 😁 (I think it's the sweet/salty thing!)

Back