Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What to cook first?

What should the first thing cooked on the new Traeger be?

• 16 oz ribeye

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • BBQ Ribs

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Whole chicken

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Venison backstrap

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Homemade pizza

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • $.99 hotdogs

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Leave it in the box and donā€™t use

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Something elseā€¦mention it in the comments

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
curious about the 3-2-1 method. Usually I just smoke ribs at 250 for 2 hours then wrap and finish (also at 250) for another two hours, let rest then eat. The come out great with good smoke and pull.
The last one hour unwrapped is to caramelize the sauce. I prefer just a dry rub and no sauce on my ribs, so I just leave them wrapped until they hit my desired temp.

We took a whole pork loin last weekend, hit it with Memphis Dust rub, and then cooked it at 460 until the internal temp hit 160. It was phenomenal. Had a great crust on it.

curious about the 3-2-1 method. Usually I just smoke ribs at 250 for 2 hours then wrap and finish (also at 250) for another two hours, let rest then eat. The come out great with good smoke and pull.
I did 3 hours at 180, wrapped and added apple juice, honey and brown sugar for 2.5 hours at 225, uncovered and rubbed bbq sauce and back on for an hour. I varied from the recipe because I didnā€™t have the traeger rub or the traeger bbq sauce. I made a basic rub I saw on the internet and used sweet baby rays sauce.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back