Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What the H is going on in Montana?

I gotta disagree with Idahonative1948. Idaho dingbats and Montana dingbats are each unique subspecies. One is more dingy and the other more batty. Unfortunately, they are fertile when they interbreed.

I had 4 children and breast fed them. In that context a breast is a food source for an infant that needs to eat when it needs to eat. Just like your eating in public. If you want to sexualize an infant breast feeding that is your issue, not one of modesty. Hell, even the Pope has recently made statements for mothers to feed their infants when they need to in public. I dont care for people chewing with their mouth open, smacking their lips, slurping or picking their teeth, but I am not going to get a legislator to legislate my "personal preferences" over another person eating in public.

You speak of "modesty", which is a personal value and changes all the time, across millennia and continents. Just a guess, coming from the US and being at this forum, that your modesty values might stem from an Abrahamic Judeo Christian background. Are you aware there is no biblical Hebrew law mandating "modesty" in womens clothing? Nor did Yahusha (Jesus) address it. So what are you basing your version of "modesty" on that you feel it should be upheld not thrown out the window?

Lets put this in context of this forum, lets substitute breast feeding for wolf kill pictures. The subject of posting hunting kill photos and in particular predator kill photos has been discussed a number of times on this forum. Some have held the position that it is their right and they will do as they please (your feminazi whipping out a boob whenever or wherever they feel like it). Some feel that the photos are causing contention with a segment that is anti-hunting and using it as leverage to eventually ban hunting, not to give the antis more ammunition. Some feel there is a time and place, acceptable at this forum, for example. Some can see multiple sides of the issue. How would you feel, as a male hunter, if those predominately female anti-hunters tried to legislate your right to post hunting kill photos of something you felt was perfectly natural and unoffensive to you, or worse, that you couldnt hunt on public lands?

For those men that take issue with a woman's body and dress, based on their interpretation/application of an Abrahamic Judeo Christian faith, I might suggest you take up Job's example and make a covenant with your own eyes, rather than legislating or rule making what we can wear or show.

I have two children and my wife breast fed both of them. Somehow we managed to make it through those years without my wife exposing her breasts to the general public. We kept a small blanket in the diaper bag that she used to cover her breast when she was feeding our children. Just because its natural doesn't mean there should be no restraint.

Patrick

Not my idea, nor advocating it, hell, my concussion is preventing me from even being able to go and if I did, it wouldnt be in yoga pants, unless they were the warmth layer under my hiking/hunting pants.

Just saw this on my facebook feed, some upset Montana yoga pant wearing women that were planning on going to the Public Lands Rally in Helena suggested...

9Jp5qNz.png

Patrick, that is what I did, mostly a sheet, rather than a blanket, because it is hotter in Texas.

The mark of a polite lady or gentleman is exercising your freedoms without making other people uncomfortable or infringing on their freedoms. Sometimes politeness is less of a concern than others but our parents raised us to be polite.

I'm afraid this thread is headed towards a padlock unless we can lighten the tone...

I had 4 children and breast fed them. In that context a breast is a food source for an infant that needs to eat when it needs to eat. Just like your eating in public. If you want to sexualize an infant breast feeding that is your issue, not one of modesty. Hell, even the Pope has recently made statements for mothers to feed their infants when they need to in public. I dont care for people chewing with their mouth open, smacking their lips, slurping or picking their teeth, but I am not going to get a legislator to legislate my "personal preferences" over another person eating in public.

You speak of "modesty", which is a personal value and changes all the time, across millennia and continents. Just a guess, coming from the US and being at this forum, that your modesty values might stem from an Abrahamic Judeo Christian background. Are you aware there is no biblical Hebrew law mandating "modesty" in womens clothing? Nor did Yahusha (Jesus) address it. So what are you basing your version of "modesty" on that you feel it should be upheld not thrown out the window?

Lets put this in context of this forum, lets substitute breast feeding for wolf kill pictures. The subject of posting hunting kill photos and in particular predator kill photos has been discussed a number of times on this forum. Some have held the position that it is their right and they will do as they please (your feminazi whipping out a boob whenever or wherever they feel like it). Some feel that the photos are causing contention with a segment that is anti-hunting and using it as leverage to eventually ban hunting, not to give the antis more ammunition. Some feel there is a time and place, acceptable at this forum, for example. Some can see multiple sides of the issue. How would you feel, as a male hunter, if those predominately female anti-hunters tried to legislate your right to post hunting kill photos of something you felt was perfectly natural and unoffensive to you, or worse, that you couldnt hunt on public lands?

For those men that take issue with a woman's body and dress, based on their interpretation/application of an Abrahamic Judeo Christian faith, I might suggest you take up Job's example and make a covenant with your own eyes, rather than legislating or rule making what we can wear or show.

Guess what, my wife and I had 4 kids too. She never felt the need to feed whenever/where ever.

Seems as though I struck a nerve. Really comparing breast feeding to kill photos.

I've heard all the arguments from the Le Leche League feminists while my wife was taking breast feeding classes. Over the top.

I'm with have gun, I'm out.

Pulling the goalie is natural too but I don't see people doing it in public.

Next thing we know Montana is going to start trying to enact sharia law then we'll have to hear Hannity and company go bananas for a week until B.O. goes on another golf outing.

Long live yoga pants!

Of all the issues facing Montana this joker is trying to get this law passed. No cop would ever try to enforce it. My wife would have been previously arrested for wearing yoga pants while breast feeding our little ones.

I think the legislation is absurd, but I don't want to wind up in the middle of something... so I'm out as well...

Seriously, what red-blooded American hates yoga pants?

I live in Wisconsin. Trust me, it is a love/hate thing in this state:( Why is it the fattest women think they look good in spandex and yoga pants:confused:

Gr8, are you saying throw modesty out the window? The Amish might be in the "dark ages" but I'm guessing they'll fare better than most when the grid goes down.

What I'm saying is that we don't need to be a bunch of bible thumping prudes.
:W:

Compared to all the crap our sensationally prurient print and audio visual media exposes naturally inquisitive young people to, breast feeding should be among the least of our worries.

Found this bit interesting:

Currently, a person convicted of indecent exposure three times could be sentenced to life in jail and up to $10,000.

Life in jail you say? I think I might stay in the midwest. :D

It's ok to use a hooter hider for public breast feeding.
There's also a new invention that I saw on Shark Tank awhile back called a BLANKET.

And for those reasons I'm out.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back