What the H is going on in Montana?

I respect that he was trying to do something about the naked bike ride, but he is an incompetent fool. A product of term limits. While trying to outlaw shirts with spots that look like nipples that idiot made us all look like boobs. Worldwide. No, Really. His bill met with giggles before it was tabled without discussion. People just need to learn to deal with the minor crap that comes with a free society.

Ironically, his legislation explicitly allowed breastfeeding in public.

His idiocy (and two other bills that would infringe on our freedoms) pushed Ellie Hill's (Corner Crossing bill person) cyberbullying bill into the shadows. Go here and watch a real legislator in action presenting HB317 (click on the bill to jump directly to it). Too bad the idiots before her took up all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNMC82x5hUQ

Event that stirred up the decent vs. indecent debate.......

Did you participate Kat?:eek:

As we say in Texas, not only "No", but "Hail No." :D

I am for sustainable green energy, but I dont see how that bike ride would seriously advance the cause, education or awareness much.

I could be found hiking, hunting, camping, even documenting on our public lands or at a rally for them (clothed), FWP commissioners meetings, legislature hearings (concussion got in the way of this one so far), but never on a nearly nude bike ride or such an event.

I keep forgetting that I am supposed to be the green hippie chick here, was I supposed to answer "yes" to that question?. ;)

The full read on Parker Heinlein's last Outdoor section is truly great..

The end must be near. Kerry White is becoming a voice of reason.

With Republican lawmakers in Helena advocating the transfer of federal lands to state control, Rep. White (R-Bozeman) called the plan “unrealistic.”

He told the Billings Gazette the transfer would be too technically complex.

An incumbent, who has served in the Legislature since 2012, White has been a vocal opponent of the Endangered Species Act and advocated for increased motorized access on national forest land

He sits on the Environmental Quality Council, a subcommittee that has been examining ways to better coordinate state and federal land projects.

No friend of wilderness, wolves, grizzly bears or Obama, White gets low marks on the Project Vote Smart website from Montana Conservation Voters.

So it was a surprise to see White not in lock step with subcommittee leader Sen. Jennifer Fielder (R-Thompson Falls) who told the Missoulian: “Under federal mismanagement our environment, economy and people are suffering.”

She claims transfer of federal lands to Montana control would remedy all that. It’s all part of the We’re-smarter-than-them-idiots-in-D.C. mantra.

Fielder (a woman who uses firewood as a verb) says at this point she doesn’t see Washington D. C. as reformable, and apparently thinks it’s time to take over the ship, the fact that she doesn’t know how to sail be damned.

I’d like to think White is smarter than that, realized the futility of the proposal, and jumped Fielder’s ship of his own accord.

But White, whose family has ranched in Montana since 1864, may have other reasons. Ranchers pay a very low fee to graze cows on that mismanaged federal land. On state land, however, they pay nearly 10 times as much.

A ten-fold increase in grazing fees probably wouldn’t sit well with White’s ranching constituents.

It’s extremely far-fetched to think Montana Republicans will take control of the federal land in the state. More likely the debate will simply eat up time and energy that lawmakers could use elsewhere on more important legislation like Tom Burnett’s (R-Bozeman) bill to sue the federal government over wildfire smoke. Or a bill sponsored by Margie MacDonald (D-Billings) to protect police horses, of which there is one in the state.

With the inmates obviously running the asylum it’s refreshing to hear a voice of reason in Helena. Even if it’s White.

Last edited:
As was another recent hit:

There ought to be a law.

Or not.

There are a slew of bills concerning outdoor issues that legislators in Helena are considering this session. Among them: one that would prohibit the use of unmanned drones for hunting or fishing purposes, and another that would ban possession of exploding targets on state land.

Leave it to the Legislature to put a wet blanket on all the fun.

Until recently, nobody except Jihadists on the run gave much thought to drones. Then they became the hot toy of the season and everyone who owned a Go-pro camera had to have one. Of course the hunting and fishing public soon began dreaming of the possibilities. What better way to scout for big game than from the air? And anglers no longer needed to pack binoculars in the boat. A drone let them discreetly spy on every other fishermen on the lake.

That was just the beginning. Hunters dreamed of drones large enough to pack out elk quarters, and fly fishermen fantasized about how deftly a drone could deliver a Griffith’s gnat to a rising rainbow.

And what better way to top off a day of drone fishing than to touch off a few exploding targets on a section of state land?

Alas, a few nervous nellies in the Legislature decided we needed to be protected from ourselves, or someone or something out there needed to be protected from us.

Apparently the drone lobby and the exploding target lobby are very weak in Montana.

On the other hand there is legislation to revise the law that hunters must wear orange while in the field.

We’ve been wearing bright orange for so long that most of us have forgotten why. I suspect it was originally a safety issue, but a lot of hunters believe it’s simply to make them easier to spot by game wardens and landowners.

This is a make-work kind of bill. It guarantees future legislators something to do in the next session after the hunter orange law is rescinded and somebody gets shot. A grieving widow will tearfully testify before the Legislature that had ‘ol Bubba been wearing orange he’d still be asleep on the couch instead of taking a dirt nap.

“There ought to be a law,” she’ll blubber, and some former-lawyer-turned-legislator will put down the laptop computer he’s been using to control his unmanned drone and take up her cause.

Burnett's (R-Bozeman) goals aren't limited to suing over forest fire smoke. Indeed, he has a six-point plan to solve mental illness, dementia, and even increase your income enough to pull you out of poverty. http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_13247d90-7c88-54d8-b319-39483a010c0d.html

I thought Republicans wanted government out of of our lives. Now this guy wants to tell me what to eat, how to exercise and where to worship.

It is too bad we have a two party system because I could never be a liberal with their wackjob way of thinking and now the Republicans are even dumber.

There must be a party for people who just want to be just normal every day middle of Montanan and American.

Sheesh.

Nemont

Wow! And I thought Montana might be a good state to move to in order to get away from the stupid politicians in my state. Guess I was wrong about getting away from stupid politicians.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back