Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What say you?

Bwana

Here in North Dakota drawing an antelope tag is a big deal as it only happens every now and then given our winters can be tough on pronghorn. Anyway, after waiting 11 years my wife finally drew a tag so we will be hunting the first weekend in October.

This is one of the better bucks we found while scouting and the only one I was able to take at least somewhat decent pictures of. Not that score means anything to us, as this buck is definitely on the hit list, but I am sort of curious to see what you fellers who do this more often think this buck would score.

Anyone willing to weigh in?

IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3531.JPG
IMG_3529.JPG

Good height, average mass and a little weak on prongs if you care about score probably in the low 70s is my guess. Maybe some of the HT experts will let us know what they think.
He’s a good looking buck and if your wife likes him I’d say shoot!

Good height, average mass and a little weak on prongs if you care about score probably in the low 70s is my guess. Maybe some of the HT experts will let us know what they think.
He’s a good looking buck and if your wife likes him I’d say shoot!

That's a good summary of what I was thinking. Also not an expert but also think low 70's is a good number for him.

72 would be my guess
13 in long
Circ's 6 6 3 2
5 or 6 inch prong

The head on pic is deceiving.

13.5/8 horn
4.3/8 prong
5 6/8 base
5 7/8 1st quarter
3 6/8 2nd quarter
2 1/8 3rd quarter
35 4/8 x 2= 71

It is a decent pronghorn. Most hunters would not hesitant taking him and be happy

Depends what your looking for and how much time you got to look. I don’t think he breaks 70 though.

Before reading anyone else's numbers, I generously gave him:
For a total of 34/side= 68.

He isnt bigger, but, he is an adult buck, likely 3.5 or older, so he's a good representative to take, especially if you aren't seeing anything bigger.

Important thing about hunting pronghorn is to have a fun hunt, so get out there and look at some, and don't look back once you've got one on the ground.

I have a tag also !I only had 5 points this will be second tag I’ve had since they re opened it . I’m hunting public (national grasslands and plots or unposted) so I’m not gonna be super fussy first one I see 13” or over is getting lead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back