What say you?

I was only in ND two years before continuing my journey west. I applied both years as I was so glad to be able to apply as a resident for a pronghorn tag! I’d be happy with him in a heartbeat for the ones I’ve seen around the Bakken! Good luck to all the ND guys!

Bought my ND license for a pheasant trip next month. Maybe I need to start applying for big game there?

Recently shot my first pronghorn. It was shorter and with less hook, but had more mass and bigger prongs. It was roughly 71”. My very rough guess is 70”-75”

If that’s the best buck around, it’s the right one to go for. He’s not going to gross over 67.

Thanks for the inputs folks! I know the missus would be happy with him so that is all that counts.

We have another located that appears to be larger but pictures didn't turn out very good. It seems 25 mph winds coupled with spotting scope on 60x doesn't make for very good pics.

So are you sure this Greenhorn guy really knows what he is talking about?? ;-)

Hoping one of the ladies gets that buck so we are able to ground truth the buck to see who was closest.

Take care folks!

Well, sorry to say that we were not able to locate the buck in question so no way to know who was closest on the score.

The ladies did each find a speed goat to their liking, just too bad that it takes so many years to draw a tag here in North Dakota. I tried to arrow a mule deer buck early Sunday morning, but the big buck disappeared into the buttes before I could get ahead of him and thanks to his quick reflexes, his little brother was able to duck my arrow.

Can't wait to get back out there again before too long.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back