PEAX Equipment

What BS

mtmiller

Man, yesterday I was in the mountains chasing elk with temps in the mid-40's. This morning I wake up to -12 and winds in the 20's.:BLEEP:

I guess Axl gets to stay inside today and I am headed to work.:D

WHAAAAH...:rolleyes: it was in the negatives here for 4 days in a row when last weekend rolled around. This past weekend it broke and I took advantage of it and caught a limit of perch.

When I got up this morn it was a balmy 33 degrees here in Billings... that was 5:30 am... at 6:30 it was 13... now, its 5 and 20-30 mph winds... schnaaat!

Maybe this is the time of year to plan a fishing trip at the Texas coast? Like Port Aransas, right by Corpus Christi, TX. It will be 76 tomorrow, the forecast says.

The Scat Cat is a good party boat to go out on that is economical. They probably have pictures of the catches at their web page. I went to the San Antonio boat show saturday, got a bunch of broshures, but that's one boat I've been on. We caught about 1000 lbs of fish last time I went out, that's about the size of an elk, but with 50 people or so, it was 20 lbs each on average.

I was in shirt sleeves yesterday while down on the dredges below Fort Peck ice fishing. Today I can't see across the street and the wind chill is -36f.

Sounds like it will only get worse.

mtmiller,

Did you go with the guy from Glasgow? If so did he get a cow?

Nemont

I was in shirt sleeves yesterday while down on the dredges below Fort Peck ice fishing. Today I can't see across the street and the wind chill is -36f.

Sounds like it will only get worse.

mtmiller,

Did you go with the guy from Glasgow? If so did he get a cow?

Nemont

Jeff,

No I did not go with D. I told him about a few places and didn't hear how he turned out.

I just went out yesterday. I could have killed some nice bulls, but didn't see any cows (I had more fun stalking bulls anyway). Still a couple weeks left, so nothing is lost.

Miller, last year I remember you taking 2 cows (weren't both pregnant too?). Did you butcher those and eat all that meat by yourself or give a bunch away? That'd be my problem, too much meat. (I know Schmalts is going to turn this into something dirty, which is something I'd never do. :D ). Have 2 tags again this year? With nothing else going on right now it'd be a great time to be out chasing them around.

Yeh, I gave one away to a guy from FWP (maybe this helped me in the draw this year;) ) and gave a few packages away to folks here at work. Yes, both cows were preg last year. If you want fetus pics, let me know.;)

Boohoo Miller, I will one-up you.

I went to bed before the news last night, got up and drove from Helena to Belgrade for work at O'dark-thirty, and now there is about 80 miles of closed roads between me and home.

Miller, last year I remember you taking 2 cows (weren't both pregnant too?).

Smalls, you ever kill a cow in Oct. of Nov. maybe Dec. most are just as pregnant as ones killed in late January. The latter their killed the bigger the baby barbecue will be. :)

Awwh it'll pass. Should be about perfect weather this weekend to chase coyotes, or in mt.millers case elk. No complaints as I understand scum freezes at around 30 below and heads back to California. ;)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back