Montana-Deer
New Mexico- Elk and pronghorn
Utah- points

Will also do
Idaho sheep, deer, and elk
Montana points for all other species
Wyoming points for the big three and then put in for pronghorn
Kansas whitetail

A few of you that know me know this but I literally cant list it all without looking at my board but i am free june15-aug15, then cycle starts over. Hunting season ends when i start ice fishing. I got home today from miricle mile fishing and blackhills and got nice bird, was supposed to be in 4 states turkey hunting but this covid messed up travel so only 1 now next week shift to bear baits(if wy gives me what i asked for) then off to idaho after. Hopefully draw few good tags if not backups will still get me plenty of tags and already have 3 elk hunts. Feeling lucky this year... maybe hit 1 or 2 truley good tags. Come on NM tags, maybe draw elk tags back to back years? Whats would be odds of that....lol. best of luck to all of you this tags season

Drew Montana deer combo so from October 31st until Nov. 15 I will be either traveling or hunting for a mule deer buck and a whitetail doe up there. I am going to get a fall turkey tag to go along with that so I can hopefully cross a Merriam off the bucket list while I’m up there. I have never hunted turkeys in the fall so that should be an awesome learning experience to go along with my first western hunt.

The remainder of hunting for 2020 will be weekend warrior whitetail here locally in Louisiana since I will be using most of my remaining PTO on the Montana trip.

January 2021 I will take a week to archery hunt rutting whitetails down here in the Mississippi River floodplain.

Probably doing Wyoming mulie Fall 2021.

Washington Mule deer.
Washington Black bear.
Washington Elk- sitting on 21 points for a Bull tag, figures crossed.
Idaho Mule deer, Wolf.
Washington Sheep.
The usual Waterfowl and Upland bird hunting.

Colorado 2nd rifle season elk (might try secondary draw for mule deer)
Texas mule deer (public land no draw as well as putting in for the draw tags)

DRAWS:
AZ elk- didnt draw
AZ deer, sheep
NM-elk, deer, sheep
NV-elk, deer, sheep, antelope
CA-sheep, deer
CO-elk, deer points
WY- elk, deer, antelope points

Likely Hunts:
CA- bear
NY- Whitetail
NV- quail/chukar with my puppy GSP

Got my sheep hunt out of the way so now have time to strategize for 2020

archery buck antelope Wyoming, wait till 3rd weekend of rifle Oct 1ish when NOBODY else is out there and kill one peak rut...spot stalk or decoy(see ‘nobody’ above)

rifle doe antelope WY end of Oct if I pull 2 tags.

CO archery antelope on a reissue tag

Archery deer, Colo during the rut in the eastern plains along with my nonres brother

Archery Mt. Goat CO! woohoo, drew the tag.

NM draw was unkind, 6 species, 6 zeros.

Archery Coues AZ

Archery antelope CO on a reissue tag

Archery CO cow moose? Eligible again, for a 4th moose tag and I am the luckiest guy in the moose draw every time that happens.

Guide wife on her max points Colo moose hunt, rifle or smoke pole. Gotta believe it can happen.

Desert sheep tour of the west with a bow, CO, NM, AZ, UT and NV.

Not expecting to win the CO statewide bighorn raffle tag but I have a great chance!

Tag along on a friends sheep hunt, whomever gets drawn. I now kinda have that little thing called a sheep addiction. Not sure where I picked that up...

Always find 3-4 “filler” hunts along the way via reissue tags and whatnot.

Hopefully Type 9 elk tag in the bighorns. Finally decided to go in the special draw with 11 points, this is the year, I can feel it.

2nd season deer colorado
Put in for a second season elk tag but I don’t think it’s gonna happen this year. Which is fine, I’d rather have the archery tag. So I’ll play the leftover list game.
The ewe tag I thought I’d be a shoe in for next year went away this year so swung for the fence with desert sheep...talk about a whiff..

Maybe South Dakota west river any deer tag for me and a whitetail tag for the wife. Don’t know yet.

Last edited:
General Elk and mule deer in Montana for 10 days maybe a week after the opener and then its chasing VA whitetails and then ducks.

Reactions: LCH
Elk and deer in MT, Oryx in NM in December, and hopefully deer in CO. Still waiting on a few other states. If I fill my oryx tag early then possibly OTC deer in AZ.

I will likely have:

Whitetail Buck Tag in Wyoming
General Deer Tag in Wyoming
Hopefully Limited Entry Bull Elk Tag, or General Tag again
Antelope Buck Tag
Montana Deer Combo Tag
Montana Bighorn Sheep Ewe Tag (fingers crossed)

A wolf, an elk, a deer, and a bear... in that order. MT flora and ungulate fed.

A few grouse along the way 😏

We have two plans for the upcoming season.

Plan A - The normal hunts across the western states. This plan is becoming less and less likely, due to travel restrictions, quarantine requirements, and the fact the land agencies are working from home and the ability to get film permits might be restricted. If there is a second spike in C-19, no doubt this plan will be shelved.

Plan B - Hunting, fishing, trapping only in Montana. As residents, the main restriction that impacts us is staying 6' apart, especially when traveling in vehicles. So, we might end up self-filming a lot of stuff where the hunter is also the camera guy. We have a very expansive film permit for a few of the National Forests here in Montana, so film permits is not a problem. We have access to easy tags; elk, whitetail does, hopefully antelope, bear, and who knows what else. I could dig out my traps and go back on a canine trap line. Fall black bear are far more tasteful than spring bears. Waterfowl, upland birds, a grouse camp, and some of the best fishing of the year is in September and October. We are lucky to have so much we could do even with the travel restrictions in place.

For many reasons, mostly the improved health of our society and easing the burden on the medical care providers/system, I hope the season can go forward as we hope.

Tag along on a friends sheep hunt, whomever gets drawn. I now kinda have that little thing called a sheep addiction. Not sure where I picked that up...

I seem to have the same bug now, something about them has just consumed my brain and now has me applying everywhere.

Neat addition to my 2020 hunting plans:
Quail - not sure where in Wyoming yet, but on the plans. Hunting partner wants to do it so why not.
Fall Turkey - my hunting partner's sister has land with turkeys on it so got some private to hunt on. Hyped! And only have to worry about the two of us plus his brother doing any shooting.

Back