WHAT ARE YOU HUNTING THIS FALL?

ARCAT

Not sure where to post this, but it seems like alot of us have some great trips planned this fall. Where are you going, for what animals, and what are your chances for success?

We know about Moosie, he might have the best trip of all with the sheep. maybe he can elaborate a little more.

I'll be hunting:
oryx (off-range)- NM in August
moose, caribou, black bear - AK in Sept.
elk -NM Unit 15 in Nov.
javalina -NM Feb.
Probably a gen. deer hunt, and, God willing, coues deer in AZ.
Chance of success - slim to none ;)

WOW, thats a real crackerjack post to get this thing rolling. Man you have a great year planned. Good luck with it.

Got a couple planned

MT deer and elk archery
CO third season deer
CO fourth season elk
WV deer rut hunt weekend after I get back from CO
MT duck and goose hunt at Christmas (hope the season stays open that long!!!)

Plus all the deer and dove hunting I can get in here in the Liberal republic of MD!

Here at home, elk and deer
Wyoming mule deer (H)
SD whitey (349)

Same as last year, but hopefully more bone.

Panhandle Idaho "Clarkia" mostly for Elk and then Clearwater again for white tail this year.

Gave up on home for hunting accept for birds. Man, I wish I could find a good job in Northern Idaho!

Wyoming-- 1 general elk, second cow tag, 2 doe antelope, 1 buck antelope, 1 general deer, 2 doe deer, 1 fall turkey.

Montana--one elk, one deer, and maybe a second doe tag, depending on the draw results. I also get to help a buddy from AK with a Montana Bighorn Ram.

Pending in AZ-elk, antelope, sheep, and coues deer.

Javelina in AZ for sure.

Other than that, just another boring season.

mule deer in wyoming

whitetail, turkey and waterfowl in oklahoma

might apply for a leftover antelope tag in wyoming, any suggestions?

Out of vacation time till Jan. '05 so just deer locally. Then a hog hunt @ x-mas, an exotic hunt in Feb., an other hog trip in April, and am still p;anning a black bear trip in June '05. Might slip a fall turkey in there.

Sounds like some great trips are planned for this fall. Here is my schedule.

Heading to BC in 3 weeks for Mtn Caribou and possibly stone sheep. (I used to work for the outfitter in idaho and a guy i have guided in the past several times in idaho is the actually hunter.) He's going for stone, moose, goat, and elk. We are going to be there almost 3 weeks. The outfitter has a sheep cancellation so if its still open, and the hunter gets a big ram, and we see another big ram, I may get my stone. its a real long shot. Otherwise I'll have alot of time to work the spotting scope, and help my buddy get some good trophies and find a Mtn caribou for myself.

then i'll hunt deer here in arkansas, and hope for a buck that scores 90, maybe shoot a few ducks if any come down, and possibly go to kansas for pheasant if they keep getting rain.

WY- Buck deer and doe antelope

ID- Clearwater whitetails, water fowl, and possibly sharptails and chukars.

UT- I've put in for anterless moose, elk, deer, and pronghorn, so will wait for those results before I decide what general season tags. Will hunt upland and small game here as well.

Just locally this year but that'll include deer (both muley and blacktail), bear, hog, and "assorted exploding varmints!"
hump.gif

Only 46 days until early goose season!!! HHHRRRROOOOOOONNNK!

As many smoothies as I have arrows, a smoothie with the rifle, archery muleys in ND and SD, and antelope in ND and SD.

Waiting for the draw in AZ. No luck elsewhere this year, so it may be just tagging along on a NM antelope hunt, AZ javalina and CA hogs. Along with varmints and quail.

Early August - Prairie Dogs and Coyote North Park, CO.

August 23 thru September 2 - Canoe & Fish the Wood River Lakes, AK.

September 4 thru 16 - Moose on the King Salmon River, AK.

September 17 thru 28 - Caribou the Mulchatna Herd, AK.

No pronghorn tag this year. :(

Early November - Elk & Mule Deer, Colorado's 3rd season.

Mid-November - Pheasants in South Dakota.

Maybe give a try at waterfowl in North Park CO.

Gotta become familiar with Wyoming draw procedures.

I would like to make a return trip to hunt exotics in TX. Great fun.

KC :D

I think just Rockchucks and Squirls...

Ohhhh except in < 7 weeks I'll be hunting Big Horn Sheep,
Colorado Deer
Idaho Deer and Elk
then Waterfowl, and lots of it !!

I actually have one other trip in the Works but it's a Secret
I'll let the Cat out the bag later

all the south carolina deer i can find.

florida for samar deer (cross our fingers)and hogs

wyoming buck antelope with my son oct. 22-28th with a cow elk for him

anywhere else i can beg borrow or steal my way into.

Back