Yeti GOBOX Collection

WHAT ARE YOU HUNTING THIS FALL?

Sept. 11-18...Muzzleloader bull elk in Colorado

Sept. 23-25...Moose in New Brunswick

October...Waterfowl and fall turkey in New York

Early November...Pheasant in Iowa...

Mid November-December...Whitetails in NY and PA...

As far as big game it looks like this;
Sept. Nevada Mulies
Oct. Idaho Mulies
Nov. Idaho Elk
Dec. Hogs in Cali.

Cannot wait...As always, my hunts are self guided and solo, except for elk cuz' I'm taking my daughter on her first big game hunt. Also, I'm shooting nothing but an iron sighted muzzleloader again this year. Ye-ha!

Tagging along on a bighorn sheep ewe hunt in CO.

Tagging along on a bighorn sheep ram hunt in CO.

Cow elk, first rifle season in CO, providing I can get a leftover tag. If not, scouting CO unit 61 for next year.

Bull elk, third season in CO.

Desert Sheep:

Are you sure that you can hunt elk in two CO rifle seasons? Better check the regs. I think that the cow tag has to be in the very early PLO season in order for you to also hunt in the 3rd season?

KC

Looks like I will be hunting for a fat Doe for deer season unless I see a Booner Buck during the weekend.For Elk I will be hunting for Cows this year,looks like the freezer will be full fall.And throw in a Turkey hunt before deer season then Snow Geese after Elk season.Going to be busy for sure wonder when I can go Steelheading.

KC - According to the regs, a hunter can have 2 elk licenses, if at least one is a limited cow rifle elk tag for units.... obtainted as a leftover license. Page 7 of the regs.

I had two elk tags for the first rifle season last year. A bull tag drawn as a second choice and a leftover cow tag. Didn't fill either one. I should have shot that cow on the first day, but there was a bull bugling in the trees behind her. Waited on the bull but it got too dark on me.

I see you're from the Springs. I work in the Springs and live in Woodland Park.

Desert Sheep:

Yes I know you can get two elk tags for Colorado. I've done that for ten years running. But your post stated that you wanted a cow tag for the first season and a bull tag for the 3rd season. They have to be in the same season. The only exception is if you get a cow tag for a season that does not offer bull tags, such as the early (September) or late (December) PLO seasons. Then you can also get a bull tag for one of the regular rifle seasons. I don't think you can hunt in two of the regular rifle seasons.

Just trying to help. Wouldn't want you to get yourself in trouble.

KC

KC - interesting... the is nothing in the regs about both tags having to be in the same season. Guess I will have to ask at the DOW office.

KC - the answer to the question is "it depends".

If the leftover cow license is for a unit that is in the "B" list on page 5 (hardcopy) of the regs, you can get a OTC bull tag for a different season. This is according to the staff at the DOW office here in the Springs.

The also said that the leftover licenses will be sold at all license outlets, not just at the DOW office.

Archery elk hunt the First week of Septmebr in CO.

Deer, bear, & hogs here in AR with my bow mostly.

If the ducks come down, I may blast a few of them.

You are all leaving out one of my main questions? What are your chances of success? My chance for a Mtn Caribou are slim and none, but you never know. My buddy has a great chance at a stone, a goat, a moose, and a fair chance at an elk we might see that is standing around watching us glass for sheep.

Colorado Muzz mulies - Should kill a 180+
Colorado Muzz Bullies - Won't shoot unless 300+
Wyoming Special Deer - Won't shoot unless 180+
Colorado Muzz Lope - 80 or better should be doable
Kansas Whity - Will drop the hammer on anything 150ish or bigger.

Chances of obtaining any of the forementioned? Better than most!!! ;)

IN - whiteys, all weapons 3-1/2 month season, always whack one or more.
WY - muley & antelope, should tag out on both critters.
MO - bow hunt whiteys a couple weekends, slim odds.

Booked a spring grizz hunt in Alaska for April of 05', success runs about 80%. Can't wait for this one !

Desert Sheep:

Now that's some good news. I already have a cow tag (List B) and a mule deer buck tag for the 3rd season. I was going to buy an OTC bull tag for the 3rd season same as I have done for several years. But with the info you gave me, I could choose to get an OTC bull tag for the 2nd season. Now that gives me something to do in October. Hmmm.....options.

Thanks for the info.

KC

Early Sept. Help Oscar with sheep.....I'll spend another year growing my toenails back.

Oct. Snowcock in the Rubies

November Idaho Bull Elk

I predict 100+ chukar with the GSP.

Predator calling 10+ coyotes, and a big fat tom cougar.

January - Tundra Swan

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back