Caribou Gear Tarp

What are you guys paying for gas?

It would be interesting to go back and read the posts here from the guys claiming that the Russians and the Saudi's were going to squash all the US O&G companies and run them out of business when the pandemic first started. Not quite working out that way, is it.
Put quite a few out of business actually. If they lever up for growth in production it will happen again. Fiscal discipline has always been in short supply in the US oil patch. Let’s see what happens in 5 yrs. I wouldn’t make any grand proclamation two weeks into a war.

We've been taking it in the shorts for such a long time that we're oblivious to it. Now with the Russian invasion there's an excuse to blame it all on. The 'new normal' isn't normal.

We send half our oil overseas for co. profit over American use 1st. No caps on any profits nor control of OUR oil. No reinvestment in our country. They import their losses.
Gambling that rolls 7&11 all the time for big oil and you have to decide if you want to drive or eat.
Slackers. Losers. Fools.

Put quite a few out of business actually. If they lever up for growth in production it will happen again. Fiscal discipline has always been in short supply in the US oil patch. Let’s see what happens in 5 yrs. I wouldn’t make any grand proclamation two weeks into a war.
I was reading an article this morning about a private EP company, they are kinda touted as the oil patch gold standard for fiscal responsibility. They have some public debt and have started the S-1 process so they have an S&P rating… B their debit ratio is right around 1X.

So that’s kinda the industry bench mark for “the best”.

Last edited by a moderator:
We send half our oil overseas for co. profit over American use 1st. No caps on any profits nor control of OUR oil. No reinvestment in our country. They import their losses.
Gambling that rolls 7&11 all the time for big oil and you have to decide if you want to drive or eat.
Slackers. Losers. Fools.
So you’re for nationalized Oil like Venezuela/Saudi ?

I was reading an article this morning about a private EP company, they are kinda touted as the oil patch gold standard for fiscal responsibility. They have some public debt and have started the S-1 process so they have an S&P rating… B their debit ratio is right around 1X.

So that’s kinda the industry bench mark for “the best”.
The LT outlook on the oil industry has been negative and this price rise doesn’t help. It will just push people to electric faster (arguable too fast)hence the jump in nickel prices. People will change, and very fast. I doubt HT is a diverse sample so our opinions not reflective of the trend.

The LT outlook on the oil industry has been negative and this price rise doesn’t help. It will just push people to electric faster (arguable too fast)hence the jump in nickel prices. People will change, and very fast. I doubt HT is a diverse sample so our opinions not reflective of the trend.
Agreed. Reading between the lines at moves by the super majors, I think they see prices creating a ton of demand reduction.

$65-$75. That’s seems to be the commonly held demand-supply equilibrium price.

I'm sorta retired but I still run a couple dozers, a backhoe and a grader. I've been looking for an excuse to call it quits. I'll probably keep a couple of my close in neighbors as customers but other than them I think I'm done. It's not worth the bullshit.

Boss told me his fuel guy told him off road diesel will be hard to get, this summer. I'm guessing that's a bs rumour?

I'm sorta retired but I still run a couple dozers, a backhoe and a grader. I've been looking for an excuse to call it quits. I'll probably keep a couple of my close in neighbors as customers but other than them I think I'm done. It's not worth the bullshit.
We’ve given all our contracts for habitat improvement projects this summer a 10% increase to cover fuel costs. At this rate it won’t be enough.

Boss told me his fuel guy told him off road diesel will be hard to get, this summer. I'm guessing that's a bs rumour?
Honestly after the past 2 years when someone tells me something is gonna be hard to get I believe them. I sure hope it’s wrong though.

Agreed. Reading between the lines at moves by the super majors, I think they see prices creating a ton of demand reduction.

$65-$75. That’s seems to be the commonly held demand-supply equilibrium price.
Only thing that save the majors is straight carbon capture and refining to fuel (Carbon Engineering Co link below.). They are all investing in those types of projects. I don't know if they can get it to fast enough but with prices at $5-$6 it starts to look very attractive. They just have to solve the scalability problems.

We’ve given all our contracts for habitat improvement projects this summer a 10% increase to cover fuel costs. At this rate it won’t be enough.
My fuel cost per gallon is up about 30% from this time last year. It was 2.79 then to 4.84 yesterday. PLUS the 4% road taxes PLUS the sales tax.

topped off at 3.99 last night, hard to get excited about hunting season let alone getting out for sheds.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back