PEAX Equipment

What are you guys paying for gas?

My first recollection of the volatility of gasoline prices was in New Orleans, LA back in 1971. Refineries everywhere and "Regular" was .429/gal.
Back home in east Texas, no refineries for miles, gasoline was .349/gal.
Diesel was .10/gal.
Then here came Jimmy Cah-tah (D)!
Gasoline (Regular) went up to .659/gal and you could only buy 5 gallons at a time!
I was driving 148 miles, one way, for part of my job.
Could not fill up at one station. I had to hit three stations before leaving town.
I'd get 5 more gallons (if the lines weren't too long!) when I hit Houston, then stop twice on the way home!
The restrictions finally quit, but prices didn't go down!
Late 70's, Mistah Cah-tah let fuel get to 1.00/gal.
Ron helped, but prices still didn't drop below 1.00/gal
Geo 41 didn't do too badly as fuel prices continued to climb.
Then "Slick" Willie.
I was so busy with kids, wife, work and life, the 90's get pretty muddy.
The Geo 43.
Anybody remember the gas lines on Sept 12, 2001?
Didn't think I would EVER get through that one.
Even with a war and gas prices up, Geo 43 did pretty good keeping gas at the pumps.
THEN....here comes Barry Sotero!
By '08 or '09 diesel was 4.00+/gal and the wife was traveling to work.
We finally got to the point, budget wise, if diesel ('06 Dodge Ram w/Cummins, 6spd, 23/24mpg) ever hit 4.50/gal, she would not be able to work. I think 4.34/gal was the top.
Trump helped, we got another (d) admin and fuel prices are going up.

I'm not saying a (D) or a (R) is better for gas prices, but........
Hate to bust your bubble, but... you can overlay the presidential terms yourself.

1616127382077.png

Just curious to see what anybody else's gas prices are lately, paid $3 here yesterday. Propane jumped from $1.09 in December called two weeks ago $2.50 hoping to make it into spring without a fill up, currently sitting at about 35% .🤞
New Hampshire’s home and its 2.69 here I was in Scranton PA. Last week it was 3.01 both are for gas! Haven’t filled the diesel tank at the farm in awhile gettin scared!

Hate to bust your bubble, but... you can overlay the presidential terms yourself.

View attachment 177697
Well sir, I don't buy bread, bananas, milk or electricity at a fuel pump.
I can't remember the last time I EVER saw fuel prices anywhere NEAR the Nat'l Avg.

Does it help if i told you my family bought milk for .50/gal from Bishop's Phillip's 66 station in the late 60's?

P.S. - to get an "average", prices must go up and down

Last edited:
Hate to tell ya we are paying in Alberta.. wish the boarders where oppen agen so a guy could make the hr drive down to Haver MT for cheap fuel and beer.. diesel was $1.25 per liter, Regular gas was $1.17 per liter..

Hate to tell ya we are paying in Alberta.. wish the boarders where oppen agen so a guy could make the hr drive down to Haver MT for cheap fuel and beer.. diesel was $1.25 per liter, Regular gas was $1.17 per liter..
Per/liter?
How does that convert to per/gal?

Well sir, I don't buy bread, bananas, milk or electricity at a fuel pump.
I can't remember the last time I EVER saw fuel prices anywhere NEAR the Nat'l Avg.

Does it help if i told you my family bought milk for .50/gal from Bishop's Phillip's 66 station in the late 60's?

P.S. - to get an "average", prices must go up and down
Then I’d say that local policies and politics would have a higher influence on your local prices than national policies and politics. But perhaps I’m just being too rational.

Related, I suspect. My wife could not find 1% milk in half gallon plastic jugs the last couple of times in the grocery store. She happened to see the clerk stocking the dairy aisle and asked about it.

It turns out that there is a plastic crunch right now and half gallon 1% milk in plastic jugs is presently not being bottled.

The refineries in Texas supply the lion's share of both gasoline and plastic feedstocks for the country. Nearly every gulf coast refinery has a chemical plant adjacent to the refinery.

Diesel,, which is what I watch, has hung around 3.09/gallon for a week or so.

It's truly amazing what comes out of those petro-chem plants.
They've got dudes in there that can't boil water but can string together polymers to make wonderous products.
I get tickled when I hear the "Green Energy" folks crying about ridding the U.S. of "fossil fuels".
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture wind turbines.
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture solar panels.
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture storage batteries.
Without storage batteries, wind and solar can't meet fluctuations in demands and weather patterns.

"... The best laid plans of mice and men ..."!

It's truly amazing what comes out of those petro-chem plants.
They've got dudes in there that can't boil water but can string together polymers to make wonderous products.
I get tickled when I hear the "Green Energy" folks crying about ridding the U.S. of "fossil fuels".
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture wind turbines.
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture solar panels.
Without fossil fuels, they can't manufacture storage batteries.
Without storage batteries, wind and solar can't meet fluctuations in demands and weather patterns.

"... The best laid plans of mice and men ..."!
So what the price of gas up on your podium?

Back