Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What are you guys paying for gas?

Wait...checks notes
5sqfrz.jpg

Just curious to see what anybody else's gas prices are lately, paid $3 here yesterday. Propane jumped from $1.09 in December called two weeks ago $2.50 hoping to make it into spring without a fill up, currently sitting at about 35% .🤞
I live in MI and it has been around 3.20

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F605f542afae6af677c40f338%2FEvolution-of-gas-prices-since-2001-%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Not sure if this confirms or refutes my hypothesis that Big Oil wants us to elect Republicans, and engages in pump price psychology toward that end.
1635888913230.png

I think business in general wants less regulation. Also why would the OG industry want lower prices? Wouldn't the logic to be to conspire with dems for higher prices and therefore larger profits?

Either way... global commodity only so much a President can do.

View attachment 200437

I think business in general wants less regulation. Also why would the OG industry want lower prices? Wouldn't the logic to be to conspire with dems for higher prices and therefore larger profits?

Either way... global commodity only so much a President can do.

Looks to me like the long term trajectory has little to do with U.S politics. Shocker considering the totality of the global markets.

Good summary.
That was my sarcastic point which I think was missed. All presidents want to take credit for low fuel and energy prices. When US production is in the downside of the swing and OPEC and Russia are cashing in they want to stand back with their hands up and tell us they can’t really do a whole lot. Which is technically true but, maybe he can call OPEC+ when he gets up from his nap and ask nicely to start moving some more oil.
Good thing that Sleepy Joe OK'ed Putin's Pipeline and shut down the Keystone pipeline. Good thinking Joey.

$3.70-$4. My area is typically one of the higher in our state due to lack of distributors that basically service all the station and thus kinda control the price. It’s been bad enough at times that price gouging has been investigated multiple times

Good thing that Sleepy Joe OK'ed Putin's Pipeline and shut down the Keystone pipeline. Good thinking Joey.

Keystone was about moving tar-sands oil (which has created an ecological disaster in CA) to a port so they could ship Canadian crude overseas. Not really anything to do with American fuel or energy.

The Russian issue was a misstep to be sure, but it was the waiving of sanctions against a Russian company, not oking any pipeline.

Keystone was about moving tar-sands oil (which has created an ecological disaster in CA) to a port so they could ship Canadian crude overseas. Not really anything to do with American fuel or energy.

The Russian issue was a misstep to be sure, but it was the waiving of sanctions against a Russian company, not oking any pipeline.

They were both about reversing the previous admin's policy with a middle finger...

They were both about reversing the previous admin's policy with a middle finger...

To some degree, but the reversal on policy from 45 relative to 44's position on Keystone is the same thing. Similarly, the boundary waters mining issue, ANWR, leasing reforms, methane rule, WOTUS, etc.

Jesus, we're still fighting over WSA's and Roadless areas some 30-40 years after those were established.

It's almost as if the political class wants us at each other's throats, rather than quietly & thoughtfully examining an issue.

Just curious to see what anybody else's gas prices are lately, paid $3 here yesterday. Propane jumped from $1.09 in December called two weeks ago $2.50 hoping to make it into spring without a fill up, currently sitting at about 35% .🤞
Iowa 87 $3.58

Howdy. WOW, what a spread. For regular gas. Last week I spent $4.95 per gallon in Oak Creek, Colorado and then $2.85 in Round Rock, Texas. Now that was in the same week!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back