Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What are you currently reading?

I've been reading this series for a few months now, about a post-apocalyptic U.S. after the government has fallen after a virus turns much of the population into crazy zombie-like hoards. Started reading these books long before anyone even heard about Covid19.
It's kind of unnnerving because of the lack of leadership we have in our government right now.

1584049656311.png

I think it’s gonna be a good night, even though I shuttered my dental office for the rest of the month.

#flatteningthecurve

2EFEA3B7-0D34-4F0A-86A3-90B57311CA22.jpeg

I am almost a teetotaler so my adult kids were shocked when they saw this photo and knew that kansasdad had a hard cider out. I broke out the hippo tusk opener to add to my reading/imbibing pleasure.

Finished 'Long Range' last week. I'm a Pickett/Romanowski fan but this installment was a mail in by Box. Small glaring mistakes, plot holes, and a rushed anticlimactic ending.

Sinclair Lewis, "It can't happen here" is a more likely thing to fear . . . .
Maybe.
6 to 1 half dozen the other, honestly.
We've already seen drastic fear driven voluntary forfeitures of our freedoms, i.e. Patriot Act. They're already listening. When was the last time we weren't at war? Do Americans even know who we're fighting with or why? Will there even be an end? Or is it simply a tool to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. We've recently seen where those in power and in the media are seeking to rewrite history, literally. Sure sounds like the story line to me.

Well, my digital loan of The Stand got snatched back by the local library with only 3 hours left in the story. :( Our intrepid heros had only just arrive in Vegas. Gonna have to wait 11 weeks to get it again, as it is suddenly very popular. I'm currently on Station Eleven (not bad, but not as engaging as The Stand), and once that is finished I'll do Rich People Problems, if only to finish the series (Crazy Rich Asians). The amount of name-dropping of designers, artists, etc. is a bit too much for me in this series (they're super wealthy, I get it), but I feel like I'm committed now. I normally listen on the train ride to/from work, but lately it's been as I knit or cook.

Alternating between "The Journal of Nicholas Cresswell" and "Rifle in Hand."

Started a re-read of "The Sand County Almanac" but woke up alone on the couch. I remember it being more interesting than that....

Back