Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What are you currently reading?

1983 reprint of - Sylvan Hart, The Last of the Mountain Men, the true story of an Idaho solitary, by Harold Peterson. c.1969 BackEddy Books
It was a sweet dumpster dive at the recyclers. I'm sure it's out of print now.
Hart died in 1980

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Tenth Legion by Col. Tom Kelly

It's nice to be reading some stuff that wasnt assigned.

1983 reprint of - Sylvan Hart, The Last of the Mountain Men, the true story of an Idaho solitary, by Harold Peterson. c.1969 BackEddy Books
It was a sweet dumpster dive at the recyclers. I'm sure it's out of print now.
Hart died in 1980

Ordered the book. If anyone ever has the chance to stop by his old place that is now a museum on the Salmon River it is worth it. You can only get there by jet boat or be rafting down from upriver. Great history.

Right now I'm reading Boone: A Biography by Robert Morgan. Was looking for a good Boone book and saw that Rinella had recommended it. Figured since he's been used as a Boone "expert" on a History show, he may have a good opinion on a good biography on the man.

Just finished "Why We're Polarized" by Ezra Klein. Except for one chapter (9) it was a pretty interesting discussion about some natural drivers towards polarization in the current culture.

Right now I'm reading Boone: A Biography by Robert Morgan. Was looking for a good Boone book and saw that Rinella had recommended it. Figured since he's been used as a Boone "expert" on a History show, he may have a good opinion on a good biography on the man.
Finished it a few months ago. Glad I read it, but not the best written biography I have read - a little rambling and left a few gaps in the story I would have liked to have filled in.

Just started That Wild Country by Mark Kenyon. I like his writing style so far. Haven’t made it far enough to judge the content yet.
I had a friend give me that book in March, after listening to Randy's podcast I really need to read it.

Just finished Under the Biggest Sky of All by Ron Mills. I think I’m going to start Rangers, Trappers, and Trailblazers by John Fraley next.

I've been reading "The Filthy Thirteen" about the saboteur paratroopers of D-Day. They were made famous by their exploits as well as their "mohawk" hairdos and warpaint captured by photographers of "Stars and Stripes" magazine just prior to their jump into occupied France. Jake McNiece, their always in trouble leader, was one of a kind. Good read for war history fans.

Finished The Institute, which was great. Classically good Stephen King, in my opinion. Hedy's Folly went back to the library unfinished. A very boring book that seemed to talk more about Antheil than Lamarr. I gave up on it around the time the author was describing Antheil's return to the USA. River of Doubt was good. I enjoyed it, but non-fiction written in that style is not going to be a nail-biter.

I'm currently on I'll Be Gone in the Dark, about an author/podcaster hunting the Golden State Killer. So far, I like it a lot. My handy Libby app says I should be getting Salem's Lot and The Shawshank Redemption shortly, which I am keen to finish.

Not a bad way to pass the time driving to the local (ish) WMAs to scout for Squirrel, Deer, and Bear season. Maybe next season I'll be both better read and a better reader of animal sign, but this season I am a total beginner to solo public land or hunting that doesn't involve sitting in a pre-hung tree stand and waiting for something to pass by in the field. I learn something new every time I go and try to scout. I'll have to keep the library books coming to ensure that my mind is full even if my freezer is not.

Somehow I’d never heard this story until I picked up the book. Has increased relevancy in the current situation.

206F72C9-7DCA-4964-AB39-85F2619BF5C0.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back