Votes: 42 22.0%
  • 50's

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Still Hammering

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters
I mean nothing stopping me from going but I might be looking fir a new company when I get back lol.
Idk man only get one life and when they pull a tag in that excited about I’ll figure it out one way or another lol

It’s funny because I’ve never looked into what my wife does for her 401. I’m just trying to stack enough cash so that we are more than fine with what I have saved for us. Whatever she has will just be a bonus. Currently shooting for a 58-60 departure from work
That was kinda part of my point. If you think you two are going to be more than fine with what YOU are doing, maybe the TWO of you are saving too much. There have been points in my life where I probably saved too much and should have spent more. We’re trying to find a balance while still making sure we have enough at the end and being able to do some of what we want to along the way. All while still being OK if something bad happens.

We just dropped some cash on four round trip tickets from ORD to ANC. At points the past I’d be freaking out about that kind of spending, but experience and knowledge have me feeling OK about dropping a chunk of change on an eleven day OIL family trip to the far north. Part of that comfort comes from seeing the whole picture and being able to make sound decisions based on good data.

We’re shooting for being ABLE to pull the plug at 60 as well.

what are the actual stats on when american's reach 1 mil net worth at what average age? was that in OP? sorry if i missed it.

i guess it would have to be stats on when people that have reached net worth of 1 mil have reached it to be meaningful, because I suspect a sizeable chunk of americans never achieve a 1 mil net worth.

what are the actual stats on when american's reach 1 mil net worth at what average age? was that in OP? sorry if i missed it.

i guess it would have to be stats on when people that have reached net worth of 1 mil have reached it to be meaningful, because I suspect a sizeable chunk of americans never achieve a 1 mil net worth.

8.8% of Americans are millionaires. 76% are white. Average age is 57.

stats on when people that have reached net worth of 1 mil
If it's "net worth" including all assets, then I suspect there are more Americans who have achieved a million or more than you would think. Consider the real estate values and commensurate prices presently. In the Gallatin area, a house with a few acres purchased fifty years ago for less than you would pay today for a new full size pickup would be worth millions of net worth now.

8.8% of Americans are millionaires. 76% are white. Average age is 57.

so the average millionaire is 57 and only 8.8% of americans can identify as one.

i wonder if we can apply those uniformly to HT members and then deduce that if any less than... i dunno how to split the bell curve, 75% of us choose anything other 50's, 60's, or still hammering in the poll than we're all full of shit.

kinda looking like some folks are full of shit ;)

If it's "net worth" including all assets, then I suspect there are more Americans who have achieved a million or more than you would think. Consider the real estate values and commensurate prices presently. In the Gallatin area, a house with a few acres purchased fifty years ago for less than you would pay today for a new full size pickup would be worth millions of net worth now.

well, is that not what the stats are counting? or are they only looking at 401k's and pensions? or are they looking at all bank and investment accounts?

i have no idea, but it would be interesting to know.

if it's not obvious, i'm a lazy googler today

I'm not worth $h!t. Third wife sugar mama is. She's awesome. Highly recommend it. If I screw this up, I probably should drive off a cliff. Told my 28 year old son, he'll likely have a couple million after she and I are dead.

i dunno how to split the bell curve, 75% of us choose anything other 50's, 60's, or still hammering in the poll than we're all full of shit.

I was doing the same exercise. However, two things I feel important to consider: the average age of HT members seems to skew older, and a lot of the guys on HT (like all forums, it seems) are experts at most things.

I’m surprised at how low the “Keep Hammering” number is to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back