Caribou Gear Tarp

Wednesday again!

canvsbk

M70 Stealth 2 / .22-250

Woodchuck medicine here in Michigan. This would most likely be a 1/4" gun in better hands than mine. It loves pretty much all 55 grain bullets but is my first that just doesn't care for the Sierra 52gr HPBT. Any groups it shoots bigger than 1/2" were caused by operator error.(me)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 336
Nice! I'm going to be working up loads for my 22-250 this winter. Any specific combo you like?

Here's mine: Tikka T3 Lite w/ sporter (?) contour barrel, Vortex Diamondback 6x24x50 AO scope.

10963975186_cdb5afea8e_b.jpg

10963907945_7f858fc31a_b.jpg

Out of THIS rifle I get 3750fps and 3/8" groups with the V max 55 or Noslers Varmegedon with 39.5 H380 and whatever primer is handy. @ .010 off the lands seems to be the sweet spot. I shoot the H380 mostly because I load these a couple hundred at a time and it meters so well.
I've had great luck in other rifles with some of the Vita Vouri powders and may mess around with that some this spring. Every other .22-250 I've had would shoot dime size groups with the Sierra 52 HPBT but not this guy.

Ben,

I have a T3 Sporter. It really enjoys 39gr IMR 4350 With 55gr Nosler B-tips. Have only chronnoed it at about 40deg. It was getting about 3350 with the short tube at that temp. I would expect that to be about 50-75fps faster at prairie dog temps.

You guys are insane - I love these threads!!!! AND, its dam refreshing reading and seeing these rather than reading my American Hunter issue and learning how Obama is going after our guns and rights and freedoms.

Remington .204
39 grain sierras

This gun has killed lots of coyotes

Attachments

• yotes 2013 007.JPG
    yotes 2013 007.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 323
Sweet! I've got a number of powders to try along with a couple hundred B-tips & Vmaxs in 55 grain. Should have plenty of 4350 on hand. Bought an 8 pound jug of Superformance so I'll try that as well.

Just curious, what's the bullet trajectory the first few hundred yards? I'm guessing it's incredibly flat.

Also, why the hell are you behind the computer right now?

.9 @100
0.0@200
-4.0@300

It is a blizzard right now, but watch out tomorrow.

Probably my most treasured firearm. This was a handed down from my grandpa. He was a WWII Vet, and died of a stroke less than a month after a returned from my first deployment. My Grandma is convinced his mind was waiting until I got home.

It is a 70's vintage Mark I with the 5.5in bull barrel. Love this thing.

Ruger MKI.jpg

Probably my most treasured firearm. This was a handed down from my grandpa. He was a WWII Vet, and died of a stroke less than a month after a returned from my first deployment. My Grandma is convinced his mind was waiting until I got home.

It is a 70's vintage Mark I with the 5.5in bull barrel. Love this thing.

A true treasure in more ways than one.

That Kimber sure is a pretty rifle. Every man should have an '06 around and kept handy, maybe I'll bring mine out to play next Wednesday.
The kimbers I've been around were all shooters and a bedding job seems to turn them into absolute tack drivers.

That Kimber sure is a pretty rifle. Every man should have an '06 around and kept handy, maybe I'll bring mine out to play next Wednesday.
The kimbers I've been around were all shooters and a bedding job seems to turn them into absolute tack drivers.

I know there are poeple out there that have had bad experiences with them, but I cannot complain in the least. Puts them where I aim them, Lightweight, points like a shotgun, and feeds nice and smooth.

Sub MOA Kimber Classic 300 Win Mag 71.4 IMR 4831 180 Accubonds
Ti Bolt handle courtesy of Schmalts...Zeiss Conquest..Red Pachmayr...Breaks Runner Leather...Doesn't see much field time but one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back