Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Election gun buying, 300wsm suggestions tips and substitutions

So is pay pal ok? Or.....
Good afternoon. Did you find one you liked and bought it ? Was also wondering if you were able to find the time to check out the companies we spoke about ?

I wanted you to know that I also remembered that Weatherby made a 300wsm with a 24 inch barrel and 1-10 twist rifle at one time, possibly they still do. I believe they still make a 280 AI and when I was looking a few months back I think it had a 1-9 twist.

You mentioned these two calibers in your original post and if your still wanting one of them, a Weatherby is not all bad.

Also, since you are not sensitive to recoil, possibly just get a 300 Wea, which will give you the distance you are looking for and they are 1-10

Dont discount Hill Country out of hand. Yes, they are a bit more money, but make nice rifles. And, it will be exactly what you want, caliber, twist, barrel length,

Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide to get

Good afternoon. Did you find one you liked and bought it ? Was also wondering if you were able to find the time to check out the companies we spoke about ?

I wanted you to know that I also remembered that Weatherby made a 300wsm with a 24 inch barrel and 1-10 twist rifle at one time, possibly they still do. I believe they still make a 280 AI and when I was looking a few months back I think it had a 1-9 twist.

You mentioned these two calibers in your original post and if your still wanting one of them, a Weatherby is not all bad.

Also, since you are not sensitive to recoil, possibly just get a 300 Wea, which will give you the distance you are looking for and they are 1-10

Dont discount Hill Country out of hand. Yes, they are a bit more money, but make nice rifles. And, it will be exactly what you want, caliber, twist, barrel length,

Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide to get
I have been looking for a Montana in 300wsm and haven't turned one up. I may just start calling all of the dealers on their list to see what I can come up with.
The tikka is available and I may just go that route if I loose patience. If I have to rebarrel then I will.
I looked at hill county but it was a little beyond my budget and I plan on using it like a tool and beating the thing up so the cheaper the better.
I will look to see if wby is clambering anything I want in short mag I kinda think a 300wby would be a waste in a short barrel (lots of bark for the amount of bite).
Thanks for the thoughts!

I’m getting one of these. Tis the season. I don’t suspect it will depreciate.
FD1943E4-6331-42E1-9A0B-E5ACCD24877E.jpeg

I came across this savage 110.
Anyone want to shoot a hole in this gun?
It has everything I am looking for.
It is very tempting.
28 nosler with 24" 1 in 8.44 carbon fiber tube, 6#, bluprinted action.
$1300

I came across this savage 110.
Anyone want to shoot a hole in this gun?
It has everything I am looking for.
It is very tempting.
28 nosler with 24" 1 in 8.44 carbon fiber tube, 6#, bluprinted action.
$1300

The only thing I can see is the stock is ugly, but should be really functional. And in a 28 Nosler? Even better.

I have a Savage 116 that is an absolute tack driver. I have a soft spot for Savages because of that.

Find another rifle you like chambered in .300 Winchester. Sounds like the cartridge has done you well. I'm assuming you have components. Boring? Maybe, maybe not. mtmuley
I'm just not seeing a lot of 300 win mags that have a 24" 10 twist. Also the win mag loses its advantage in the 24"
That said I could pick one of many and fill my requirements.

The only thing I can see is the stock is ugly, but should be really functional. And in a 28 Nosler? Even better.

I have a Savage 116 that is an absolute tack driver. I have a soft spot for Savages because of that.
Its a savage its supposed to be ugly!
My first rifle was a 110 in 30 06 I missed a lot of animals with it but I doubt it was the gun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back