Yeti GOBOX Collection

Election gun buying, 300wsm suggestions tips and substitutions

I've shot a 280ai in a kimber plenty. The 300 will be sporty to say the least. You'd be fine with mono's at 500 with a 30.06, .270, or .280 Rem.

Speaking numbers I think the 300 win mag has more velocity and ftlbs than the 300 wsm out of a 26" barrel. When you drop to 24" the 300wsm seems to match it with less powder and a shorter action.
The same with 28 nosler and 280ai they get a lot closerto each other.
Not drastic but I really don't think I can go wrong with any of them as long as I can take a punch from Manny Pacquiao without flinching.
The real variable is availability of rifles, brass and components.

Speaking numbers I think the 300 win mag has more velocity and ftlbs than the 300 wsm out of a 26" barrel. When you drop to 24" the 300wsm seems to match it with less powder and a shorter action.
The same with 28 nosler and 280ai they get a lot closerto each other.
Not drastic but I really don't think I can go wrong with any of them as long as I can take a punch from Manny Pacquiao without flinching.
The real variable is availability of rifles, brass and components.
I see that Europe already made this suggestion to you, but it might be worth repeating, unless you have already made a purchase and in that case please disregard.

She mentioned Weatherby. My husband is a Weatherby fan, has several and they have served him well. If your still looking for a 300 WSM, Weatherby did make them in a 24 inch barrel with a 1/10 twist and you can find them for sale around 1000 USD.

I've shot a 280ai in a kimber plenty. The 300 will be sporty to say the least. You'd be fine with mono's at 500 with a 30.06, .270, or .280 Rem.

I haven't really noticed that my Kimber Montana in .300 WSM is sporty. It is a light rifle but it doesn't seem to kick any more than my 7mm Rem Mag in Browning A-Bolt did and that was over a pound heavier.

Back