Yeti GOBOX Collection

We need to have a talk.

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Yup, and tell Sancho to "get thee aside and pray" when he tries to stop you
“If I could find that jaina and that Sancho that she's found, Well, I'd pop a cap in sancho…”
-Sublime, American literary heroes

Ever feel the likes of Bezos and Musk are just using their f-you money to see how much they can get away with in the public eye? Right now I'd bet Elon is in his lair toasting things with his flame thrower and yelling "A penis rocket?! Dang it! Why didn't WE think of that?"
1626877766306.png

Ever feel the likes of Bezos and Musk are just using their f-you money to see how much they can get away with in the public eye? Right now I'd bet Elon is in his lair toasting things with his flame thrower and yelling "A penis rocket?! Dang it! Why didn't WE think of that?"
SpaceX is planning on a manned Mars mission in 2024. Bezos just got 5 minutes in almost space. I think Elon's more Bond Villian than Bezos, who is the doppelganger for Dr. Evil.

REgardless, yeah, the billionaire space race is sad. It's also how we end up with Aliens becoming a documentary, versus fiction. I mean come on, has nobody watched the series?

... “don’t confuse not knowing and with not giving a f*ck.”
You hit that nail squarely on the head! I can write meticulously if I need to. Had to in my professions (historian/park ranger/teacher). Here, I'm writing for my personal enjoyment, not for money. Here, it's about self expression. I was successful enough in my career and ended up extremely well off financially. Yet I still drive a very tired old '98 Jimmy with a different coloured hood (thanks to a forked horn muley last fall). I still live in a modest 750 sq ft home built in 1929. It's what I am. Never been into the consumerism gig.

There is a fine line between being real and being pretentious when writing. I always felt Hemingway was so full of shit he never knew what he was all about. One messed up dude. He wrote too much fiction I think. Being genetically inclined to insanity didn't help either. I see some writers on here who try to emulate being stupid when they really aren't. Or others who try to write fancy when they don't have the ability. I have more appreciation for the latter and only too willing to help them improve (just gotta remember to make the offer through pm). Then there's the phonies that try to emulate the distinct writing style of a famous writer. Yuck! Yep, there is a fine line. Don't be afraid to be yourself when you write. Don't be afraid to improve your writing either. Just don't leave who you are behind.

Last edited:
how many millions does it take to have to make sure everyone knows you have millions?

i like to tip tow the line between being real and improvident in my righting

Croissant, oui oui, déja vu!

View attachment 189004
Years ago one Christmas morning I opened a present from my wife to find one of those silly french beanie hats in forest green colour. I just stared at it and said, "Really?" Then I looked up to see her struggling not to laugh. "Oh, you've got to at least try it on." A card was stuffed inside that said "Go look in the closet." And there it was, a new chop saw. I miss you, Cathy.

Last edited:
Didn’t that little venture run Bezos like $5 Billion? I thought that’s what I read. Ouch.

Confirms the suspicion I had as a child that the Empire’s fleet vehicle expense would be cost prohibitive, thus making universe domination impossible.

Bezos is the dorkiest sith lord ever. Let's not give him death star ideas.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back