We ate the wolf......Yummmm!

Maybe if I was stuck in the middle of the Bob Marshall in the middle of winter with no hope of rescue for months, then maybe I'd eat an unsuspecting wolf that came too close to camp, otherwise, not worth the risk for me.

hats off to you guys though

I should have let Corey from Burch Barrel cook the wolf when we did this at the office, rather than me ruining it. He's a master wild game chef with his Burch Barrel.

He got the last part of the wolf from me and cooked it on his Burch Barrel at the BHA Rendezvous.

A lot of people got to try it and the results were as I expected. Many surprised people.

Article here at Gear Junkie where Nicole Q writes up her impressions of eating wolf meat - https://gearjunkie.com/outdoor/hunt-fish/wolf-meat-bha-rendezvous

If you are an adventurous wild food eater, there is no place to do more tasting than the BHA Rendezvous. I've tried just about every wild species and part you can think of at those events.

And if you want a Burch Barrel like Corey cooks on, use promo code RANDY to save some money. https://burchbarrel.com/

I have eaten coyote. The back straps on my traegar were delicious.

I should have let Corey from Burch Barrel cook the wolf when we did this at the office, rather than me ruining it. He's a master wild game chef with his Burch Barrel.

He got the last part of the wolf from me and cooked it on his Burch Barrel at the BHA Rendezvous.

A lot of people got to try it and the results were as I expected. Many surprised people.

Article here at Gear Junkie where Nicole Q writes up her impressions of eating wolf meat - https://gearjunkie.com/outdoor/hunt-fish/wolf-meat-bha-rendezvous

If you are an adventurous wild food eater, there is no place to do more tasting than the BHA Rendezvous. I've tried just about every wild species and part you can think of at those events.

And if you want a Burch Barrel like Corey cooks on, use promo code RANDY to save some money. https://burchbarrel.com/
Sorry for the dumb question, and I am not trying to stir the pot like the recent former member who shall not be named (sorry, daughter is into Harry Potter right now), but what is the difference between the egg shaped smoker and a burch barrel? Haven't used either. I'm interested because I am slowly working towards an upgrade to the outdoor kitchen.

Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question, and I am not trying to stir the pot like the recent former member who shall not be named (sorry, daughter is into Harry Potter right now), but what is the difference between the egg shaped smoker and a burch barrel? Haven't used either. I'm interested because I am slowly working towards an upgrade to the outdoor kitchen.

Thanks!

A ceramic cooker like a BGE or Kamado are part oven, part grill. The ceramic is a heat sink and can be used to create very high temperatures. The ceramic cookers are not smokers, though you can smoke in them.

The Burch Barrel is a double walled stainless fire pit that has the ability adjust firepit and grill height for targeted temperatures. The grill top, can be even lifted above the base to allow for cooler temperatures, while the smoke from the fire below creeps up into the lid.

They're similar, but also very different. The BB has a great advantage in that it is highly portable, and can be used as a fire pit once the cooking is done.

yes, we do eat Wolf, and, wolverine, fox, rabbit, squirrel, beaver tail, moose nose, etc

The main reason to hunt and trap these animals, is for their pelts. However the fur trade was dying before 2020, it is in sad shape as of this writing unfortunately.

Some in the U.S, and England have done everything in their power to shut this industry down. ( some in Canada also ). It may be time to look for a new source of income. We did suggest that covid masks be made out of fur. Maybe add a little "more" controversy to the wearing a mask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back