watch my son get punched in the face

The Hedgehog

He decided to sign up for a boxing match - his 1st. His opponent is 2-0. If you use promo code Ty I think you get a discount. At the Armory downtown Saturday evening.

Amateur boxing was one of the best things I did as a young man. After my mom died when I was 15 I had a LOT of anger. When I joined a fraternity in college we had a boxing history in the campus tournament. an older brother who had been a Golden Gloves and college wrestler (until our Uni lost wrestling to Title IX) challenged me to see if I was actually tough or just pissy. The first time you get hit HARD you realize that training and control are much greater weapons than anger. I was able to get a handle on myself AND win the campus title at super middleweight. Wish your son the best!! Here is a bit of comedy for your Thursday night circa 1990.....

Attachments

• Beta Bouts win.jpg
    Beta Bouts win.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • bouts.jpg
    bouts.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 83
I'll never compete outside of small local events, lots of respect for those who put it all out there. As for the "why" there's discipline, self confidence, stress relief, learning about yourself, dealing with violence, the absolute best cardio and conditioning you can imagine, and you get to punch/choke people along the way. You can bench/deadlift all you want, greenhorns niece could probably take you down before you knew what was happening

Amateur boxing was one of the best things I did as a young man. After my mom died when I was 15 I had a LOT of anger. When I joined a fraternity in college we had a boxing history in the campus tournament. an older brother who had been a Golden Gloves and college wrestler (until our Uni lost wrestling to Title IX) challenged me to see if I was actually tough or just pissy. The first time you get hit HARD you realize that training and control are much greater weapons than anger. I was able to get a handle on myself AND win the campus title at super middleweight. Wish your son the best!! Here is a bit of comedy for your Thursday night circa 1990.....
Good stuff, great pics. Oh to stay that young forever lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back