MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Want to say Hi

skifunk2

Hello from PA... As someone stuck about as far away as you can be from "big game" hunting, this site truly is the next best thing. I've watched the forum for awhile, but with the addition of Randy's podcast it was enough to push me over the edge to join up.

Would love someday to be able to pull the trigger and plan a trip to the west, super jealous of everyone that has the ability to hunt anywhere for anything in the western U.S.

Probably wont post to much, as I really cant relate. But be sure i'll be following along on as much as I can.

Jeff

Welcome!! I lived in Erie for a while and ended up in Philly in the military and stayed there when I got out the first time. I have an Army buddy that lives in St Marys and I love it there. Don't be afraid to post. We have plenty of easterners that post up their deer and bear pics and participate. I look forward to hearing your adventures since I grew up back east in upstate NY. You'll make it out west one day, hopefully soon, and there's plenty of good information here.

Welcome!! I didn't even start hunting until I was 33. Found a way to get the Army to move me to CO and I am thankful every day. Find a way to get out here and you will find it to be everything you think
:)

Welcome aboard. Jeff don't forget Pa has Elk, Black Bear and plenty of Whitetail.

Welcome Jeff.

The website address says it all........Onyourownadventures. To my way of thinking "Adventuring" doesn't require bow, firearms or fishing gear. Sharing your outdoors adventures with friends and family, and now new friends of the internet variety is one reason for adventuring in this grand country of ours. You have access to lands very different than What I get to play with in Kansas, so I am looking forward to you sharing your adventures, such as you define them, with the rest of the knuckleheads here on HuntTalk.

Welcome! Don't let your lack of access to "far flung adventure" keep you from finding your own niche to have meaningful adventure. I grew up in Virginia and never dreamed I'd be where I am today. Today what I once thought was out of reach is right in my own back yard and I have to stay motivated to not take it for granted. Western hunting really is not out of reach if you want to make it happen. Do not fear failure to fill tags on a trip or two. Look at it as a lifelong learning process and make it happen.

Hello and welcome from your neighbor to the south. Don't let hunts intimidate you much. I started with pronghorns and will be doing my first mule deer hunt this fall. There are a ton of guys on here following similar paths. If you do your homework and are frugal, a round trip pronhorn hunt can still be done for less than $1000 if you drive. Good luck. Also, I love the area from York to Lancaster. Beautiful country especially the big old barns. Not many old barns left down here in the Valley, you Yankees burnt them down! Welcome

Hey!!! You do realized you've placed a curse upon yourself, that can only be lifted by a western trek, don't you? This site will eat on your nerves until you do! My curse is going to be gone in less than 5 weeks. Waited way too long to do it.

Start planning on it now.......it won't go away. Warned Ya.

Start with a trip to Wyoming in a easy to draw unit or a leftover tag for antelope doe tags....$46 for non residents and you're allowed to get 4 of them. Nice easy way to introduce yourself to the west that won't break the bank, excellent table fare, meet up with some hunt talkers, and an animal that can be relatively easy to hunt. Then you'll get addicted and you'll be back for Montana for elk and Colorado for mule deer and you'll end up just moving out here since PA non resident tags are cheap :D

Hey!!! You do realized you've placed a curse upon yourself, that can only be lifted by a western trek, don't you? This site will eat on your nerves until you do! My curse is going to be gone in less than 5 weeks. Waited way too long to do it.

Start planning on it now.......it won't go away. Warned Ya.

You hit the nail on the head with this one!! What pains me the most, is the amount of information I have let slip through my fingers. Growing up I spent time with extended family in New Mexico, skiing in the Rockies and working in Nebraska, but was to young and stupid to realize what I was experiencing, and what itall had to truly offer. Speed forward to being somewhat older it feels like i'm playing catch up, when I used to know the area between Albuquerque and Taos, better than I knew my home area!!

I appreciate all the input from you guys. This forum is by far the best out there. Some local forums here in PA are nothing more than a bunch of blowhards talking about why they are right and everyone else is wrong, instead of actually being able to have a decent conversation about something we all enjoy....

Maybe that OTC antelope hunt in Wyoming is just what the Dr. ordered!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back