VX3HD vs. VX5HD

stevejfarms

Got to go out and shoot today, and here’s my take. @schmalts hooked me up with a couple 4.5x14-40 CDS ZL2 windplex and I waited until dusk and a little drizzle to compare to my VX5HD 3x15-44 CDS ZL windplex. So about as apples to apples as you can get. My son and I both concluded that the VX5 was SLIGHTLY better, but not $200 better. Take it for what it’s worth.

Cool beans. What power did you test them at, or was it that way across all magnifications? Also, have you tested the VX3HD side by side with the VX3i? Is there a major gain between the two?

Got to go out and shoot today, and here’s my take. @schmalts hooked me up with a couple 4.5x14-40 CDS ZL2 windplex and I waited until dusk and a little drizzle to compare to my VX5HD 3x15-44 CDS ZL windplex. So about as apples to apples as you can get. My son and I both concluded that the VX5 was SLIGHTLY better, but not $200 better. Take it for what it’s worth.
Thank you, I have a five and a mark 5 and a number of older III andII. Been thinking on upgrading two of the older scopes on rifles that I do occasionally hunt with. Been weighing the 3HD and 5HD.

I did roll the mag rings around at last light and it was consistent, very little difference between the two, especially when you consider the VX5 is 44mm and the VX3 a 40.
I had a VX3i on a rifle in a case in the truck, but didn’t have time to shoot it. Just an impulse to do my impromptu test when it started sprinkling and were scrambling to get everything put up. These were both 30 mm tubes by the way. I also liked the throw lever on the mag ring, it made it very smooth to change. My VX3i’s mag ring is very tight and can be hard to turn with cold, stiff fingers.

I wonder if/when they're going to make the VX-3HD in anything higher than a 4.5-14 magnification?

Any update on the VX3HD vs the VX3I?
Sorry I haven’t had time lately. Weather is supposed to go to shit by the end of the week and I’ll check them both against the dark skies. Won’t be apples to apples though, vx3i is 1” 3.5x10 vx3 hd is 30mm 4.5x14.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back